K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

As baumer is repeatedly saying, there is little reason to doubt this film bringing in a monster number on Sunday when the actuals arrive.

Whilst I wish Universal could have waited a few more hours before declaring their estimate, I totally respect that they've been conservative just incase the actuals leave them with egg on their face.

Yet these are the facts.....

It's had the biggest pure Friday and biggest Saturday of all time. Why won't it post the biggest Sunday ever? And it doesn't even need to to take the Sunday record to do it.

The film hasn't shown one single sign of slowing down, and I fully expect the record to be smashed tomorrow.

Edited by wildphantom
  • Like 4

Exactly! Great comparison.

Also was cool to see Howard with the homage to Goldblum using the flare to guide T-Rex. Plus T-Rex teaming up with raptors was great given their rather hostile history with each other, haha.

Awesome ending and I really don't think they can do any better than this for a JP sequel.

Absolutely agree with everything you say here.  Even though

BDH would have been dinner before she got back to the fight, I didn't care.  That scene worked so well, it was heart pounding and when they two monsters faced off, you could hear squeals of delight in the crowd (or maybe that was just me lol).  And yes, the look that Blue gives the Trex at the end before they part ways, it was so epic...

so frikkin epic.

• Like 3

NBA isn't a major issue today since there is no champion being crowned. GoT is a possibility, but this season has had the lowest viewership for GoT by far.

As others have pointed out, GOT is available at any time on HBO Go and there is always the old DVR option for anyone. Live sports is a tougher one, but even then I don't think it's going to completely wipe out the big spillover effect this movie is going to have. Theaters were not prepared at all for how big this would be and it had the creepily similar complaints on Twitter about long lines just like The Avengers.

CSB. Want to bet on the Sunday drop B?

Yep, what kind of stakes?

I'll bet it drops less than 20.0 % so that it gets the record.

What do you say?

Name change for a couple of weeks?

• Like 1

Game of Thrones will not have a real effect on JW. The NBA game, also, is pretty late in the afternoon to where most people wouldn't be going to see a movie that late on a sunday anyway. I don't think they will do much.

Easily the biggest opening weekend surprise I've ever seen. 

Fourth movie in the franchise.  Third movie sucked. 

Already made 90% of what I thought it would make domestically, 

Even the biggest HBO viewership figures over the last 10 years aren't nearly big enough to hurt anything else.

Hell, their biggest audience ever was for a Sopranos season premiere at 13.4 million, nothing else has been higher than 10 million since.

Edited by PDC1987

Yep, what kind of stakes?

I'll bet it drops less than 20.0 % so that it gets the record.

What do you say?

Name change for a couple of weeks?

You mean for two weeks after he comes back from hiding?

• Like 3