K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

It's not passing AOU domestic or ww. You people are hilarious. I really think the reason why this one blew up though was bc of the nostalgia and the whole park finally being open. People were freaking excited about it.

That's usually the case when a movie opens big.

If we were seriously doing this Jaws remake, I'd give Kyle Chandler, Ben Mendelsohn, and Michael Shannon the roles of Schneider, Shaw, and Dreyfuss respectively. Idk.

To put my say in the discussion:

Schneider - Mark Ruffalo

Shaw - Michael Shannon

Dreyfuss - Charlie Day

• Like 1

Girl power. Switch it up, make it three women.

But that ruins the central message of Jaws: a defense of the conservative values of the American man, and how we need to return to a primal state repressing femininity to get stuff done in the political climate of the 1970s.

At least that's what my prof told me.

I enjoyed JW but I'm not sure its a good movie? I have a feeling that after the nostalgia wears off the movie will develop haters the same way The Avengers did post-release. The film was a excellent experience though! John Williams' score is just BREATH TAKING and could put gravitas into waching paint dry. I think its the first time I didn't care for a Giacchino score? Really excited about the numbers and will probably see it again at some point later in its release when the theaters aren't filled with annoying children.

Also product placement wasn't even close to being a problem. It's a themepark hahah I go to universal studios every other weekend. There is literally a Panda Express 25 feet from the jurassic park gate. That's how it would be! I mean shit the rides at Disneyland have sponsors too. It's more realistic because of it.

• Like 2

Also product placement wasn't even close to being a problem. It's a themepark hahah I go to universal studios every other weekend. There is literally a Panda Express 25 feet from the jurassic park gate. That's how it would be! I mean shit the rides at Disneyland have sponsors too. It's more realistic because of it.

I think it's cool and love spotting the real stores.

The Pandora boutique towards the end was surprising lol.

• Like 1

It's not passing AOU domestic or ww. You people are hilarious. I really think the reason why this one blew up though was bc of the nostalgia and the whole park finally being open. People were freaking excited about it.

That's not certain at all although even if it's likely. Also nothing hillarious about some passionate box office discussion. This is what we do!

• Like 1

I could see Inside Out opening to like 45 million or something and all the cartoon guys here shit themselves.

If anecdotal evidence means anything (spoiler alert: it doesn't, but meh), if there's one movie kids at camp were talking about more than Jurassic World this week, it was Inside Out. One of mine even has a Sadness lunchbox. The kid-appeal might be higher than I thought; I was thinking it could turn out to be a HTTYD2 situation initially.