K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Avengers went from 150-180m range of predictions(I am sure there were outlier predictions even higher) to 207m. This went from 90-150m(mostly close to mid point) to 210m. That shows how crazy it was to track.

Manny did not have fun as others have been relentless at him just like the way he was about JW. :P

I don't know if this has been discussed but this is the biggest weekend in box office history with an estimated 262m+ beating Dec 25-27th of 2009 260m

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 3

What a classic case of waking a sleeping giant of a franchise. Though Jurassic Park doesn't have the outright loonie fandom of the Star Wars, Potter, LOTR, it was such a beloved film by such a wide demographic that it seems Jurassic World ended up being a silent assasin so to speak. A massive fan base but not as vocal which hid much of the potential of the OW to many of us. It won't be underestimated again.

• Like 2

What a classic case of waking a sleeping giant of a franchise. Though Jurassic Park doesn't have the outright loonie fandom of the Star Wars, Potter, LOTR, it was such a beloved film by such a wide demographic that it seems Jurassic World ended up being a silent assasin so to speak. A massive fan base but not as vocal which hid much of the potential of the OW to many of us. It won't be underestimated again.

JP1 was like a Star Wars event for kids of the 1990's. Just as the kids of the 70's were completely blown away by the scale and VFX of Star Wars, the kids of the 90's were utterly stunned by the realistic appearance of dinosaurs at a time when there wasn't anything close to that in movies or TV. It even has the incredible John Williams music just like Star Wars had too, which creates even more nostalgia.

All of that being said, there is no way in hell anyone could have thought this was going to blow up like that. JP1 sold 86m tickets and the franchise fell to just 32m tickets with JP3. Looks like JP4 will more than double JP3's ticket sales. No one thought the franchise could get that close to JP1 territory again.

• Like 1

This have to be one of the most shocking record if not the most....its crazy to think what its going to make now in second weekend was predicted as its OW numbers by many...heck even $70-80m OW number wouldn't had been crazy and people would have told such low numbers was bound to happen...as the sequel was unnecessary and trailers were cheesy and so on...and it will end its run with around $220-230m. Now the OW is itself came close to that lifetime gross... :lol:

I have yet to see but I won't complain much as JP is among one of my all time favorite movies and among top 5 of all time action/adventure/sci-fi movies.

• Like 1