K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

It won't get a 2.6x if it's getting mixed reactions. I haven't really heard anyone say they loved it either. Most we can hope for right now is 400m. Anything extra is just gravy.

RT doesn't show a good representation of reactions.  Many people are loving it, especially the general audience.  My theater absolutely dug, lots of laughs, claps, and applause at the end.  It's getting very good reception.

• Like 1

it's possible but B Is right with the holidays coming up right after that could be a negative effect on OW

Maybe, but it will just be more spread out is all that means.

it's possible but B Is right with the holidays coming up right after that could be a negative effect on OW

I'd love to be proven wrong but if SW opens to 120 mill, you can expect a second weekend hold of maybe 20% drop or so.  Christmas Day is going to be enormous.  It might not set the record for OW but it might set the record for fastest to 300 mill.

That JW has done incredibly well. Regarding SW, nothing really, those are different films with no particular connection.

This line of thinking is exactly what led people to overpredict AOU to compensate for FF7.

No they really are comparable being two major franchises that hit very similar demos, to say it doesn't increase the chances of SW7 to do special things is naive IMO. Compare social media buzz already, pretty similar.

• Like 1

I'd love to be proven wrong but if SW opens to 120 mill, you can expect a second weekend hold of maybe 20% drop or so. Christmas Day is going to be enormous. It might not set the record for OW but it might set the record for fastest to 300 mill.

Not to mention last time Christmas fell on a Friday, Avatar was the pack leader. We all know how awesome it's daily numbers were.

• Like 1

No they really are comparable being two major franchises that hit very similar demos, to say it doesn't increase the chances of SW7 to do special things is naive IMO. Compare social media buzz already, pretty similar.

Yep, SW is the grand-daddy of them all. Of course it has the potential to do what these other franchises have done.

• Like 5

It won't get a 2.6x if it's getting mixed reactions. I haven't really heard anyone say they loved it either. Most we can hope for right now is 400m. Anything extra is just gravy.

Jurassic World has an 'A' Cinemascore, so I would say the WOM for the movie will be quite good. :)

• Like 1