jb007

Tuesday Actuals: JW 24.3M | DOWN GOES TDK TUESDAY | Not the Spielberg, Cameron, or Nolan thread!

So records broken recently:

Opening Weekend Record

Opening Saturday

Opening Sunday

Opening Daytime Friday

Fastest Studio to a Billion

Fastest Film to 100,150,200,250 etc.

Highest Non-Holiday Monday

Highest Non-Opening Tuesday

Highest 2,3,4,5-Day Gross

Highest Overseas Opening Record

Highest Worldwide Opening Record

Biggest Weekend (Over Christmas 2009)

So Basically what I'm trying to say is.... all of them.

Now let's see if Inside Out get's highest Non #1 Opening!

So records broken recently:

Opening Weekend Record

Opening Saturday

Opening Sunday

Opening Daytime Friday

Fastest Studio to a Billion

Fastest Film to 100,150,200,250 etc.

Highest Non-Holiday Monday

Highest Non-Opening Tuesday

Highest 2,3,4,5-Day Gross

Highest Overseas Opening Record

Highest Worldwide Opening Record

Biggest Weekend (Over Christmas 2009)

So Basically what I'm trying to say is.... all of them.

Now let's see if Inside Out get's highest Non #1 Opening!

Should also get highest 6 to 10-day grosses, and probably fastest to every value up to $350M.

Fastest to $400M isn't a lock but if it can get it this film is going places.

Edited by superduperm

Glad I could say something apparently everyone disagrees with. But I'll stick with it. I love Spielberg and Cameron, but I'll take the Fury Road. It's cool if people feel otherwise.

If we all had the same favorites, the forum would be dull.

Plus, let s face it, your favorite is pretty great.

john-williams.jpg

Remove him from the equation and the nostalgia that is happening right now would not be on the same level.

Aside from game changing effects, I really liked Grant, Malcolm, Saddler, Nedry, Hammond, Arnold, Peck... I always felt the characters were drawn simply but so effectively. Distinct and memorable enough.

No doubt. Great , great work from John Williams too.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1

Just realized how big Jurassic World's box office haul actually is, was talking to my parents in India and my dad asked me, without any prompting or anything (we weren't even discussing movies), whether I had watched Jurassic World because the news is reporting that it broke all box office records ever. My dad is not a movie buff, neither is he a box office follower, so for him to bring up Jurassic World's box office run, from India through just watching news reports means that word is getting out as to how big this is. This will definitely translate to people who were curious or on the fence checking out the movie.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

Just realized how big Jurassic World's box office haul actually is, was talking to my parents in India and my dad asked me, without any prompting or anything (we weren't even discussing movies), whether I had watched Jurassic World because the news is reporting that it broke all box office records ever. My dad is not a movie buff, neither is he a box office follower, so for him to bring up Jurassic World's box office run, from India through just watching news reports means that word is getting out as to how big this is. This will definitely translate to people who were curious or on the fence checking out the movie.

But did you explain to him that with admissions or adjusted numbers it isn't #1?

• Like 5

Late to the party, but have to put my two cents in on the JP vs Avatar debate:

The only thing Avatar does better than JP is world building. Take away the amazing visuals of Pandora and you're left with an astonishingly bland hero's journey 101 story with cardboard characters. Goldblum in JP has more character than the entire cast of Avatar.

Edited by Darth Homer
  • Like 3