jb007

Tuesday Actuals: JW 24.3M | DOWN GOES TDK TUESDAY | Not the Spielberg, Cameron, or Nolan thread!

Late to the party, but have to put my two cents in on the JP vs Avatar debate:

The only thing Avatar does better than JP is world building. Take away the amazing visuals of Pandora and you're left with an astonishingly bland hero's journey 101 story with cardboard characters. Goldblum in JP has more character than the entire cast of Avatar.

This. Avatar has stunning visual, amazing world building and universally accessible storyline but the movie isn't that memorable to me because all the characters are so cardboard and bland. The lack of memorable themes/scores doesn't help either.

Fun fact: while buying tickets for my second Fury Road showing I ran into an old woman who literally commented to the ticket holder, 'Oh, it's R? No wonder it didn't come first at the box office this weekend.'

Does she post here or something? :lol:

christophernolanjamescameron63rdannualkx

"I think you and I are destined to do this forever."

"Did you know that those fanboys on internet actually fight over each other for our films?"

"Ha those idiots. Anyway, don't forget the poker game tomorrow afternoon."

christophernolanjamescameron63rdannualkx

"I think you and I are destined to do this forever."

Did you even read the thread? Nolan was barely talked about, it was all about the Berg/JP and Kal pimping Cameron/Abadah(as usual).

Edited by Ozymandias

Hmmm Piranah 2.. He had alot to do with righting Rambo 2. lol So maybe we could include that because of his involvement

. Though they messed up his more awesome script or screenplay because of budget constraints.

Next on camerons list would be hmmmm.. True lies... True lies is awesome , but I think its below the Abyss Dajk Buddy.

What do you think are his worst and best :).

His top ones for me.

Titanic.. Numero Uno Epic of all time!! Tied Ben Hur for oscars ate up all the golden globes and bafta and tons of other awards.

Terminator 2 Judgement Day. To this day it and Indiana Jones 3 are considered the best sequels of all time :)( Judgement day is better

than Indy 3 though)

Avatar I.... The greatest out of body and movie experience I have ever had and so spirtual.

Aliens

Terminator

Abyss

True Lies

Sorry I come tell disappeared for the past 5 hours there lol. Helped my sister study for exams then went to Spy. As for Cameron, I would say his 3 best are

Titanic

T2

As for worst, I don't think he's made a "bad" movie yet. Haven't seen Pirannah 2 (or True Lies for that matter), so by default, I have to say something like T1 as his "worst".

How embarrassingly huge must Avatar's budget have been that we still don't know what it was.

The breakdown I remember being published at the time was a $300 million budget, $50 million to develop the technology he used and $150 million on global marketing and distribution.