#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

I stopped reading this at the part where you said you saw it 2 times and then proceed to say it's not a good movie.. If the movie is no good the 1st time out, why bother for a 2nd viewing???

PicardFacepalm.gif

Hype can color your perception of how good a movie is. See, Avatar. Sometimes it takes multiple viewings to decide how much you actually enjoy something. Its the reason why people get sick of a film or a song after seeing/hearing it multiple times.

I'm pretty sure you only saw Interstellar four times in theaters. You ready to do the harakiri. I'll get the sword out. 

Nope.

Nov 8th, Nov 15th, Nov 28th, Dec 13th, Dec 31st.

Ticket stub receipts can be provided if necessary.

• Like 4

Pretty sure i've only ever seen a film up to 3x in theaters. Mostly just cause that's about as much as I could find people to agree to come with me

I really don't mind seeing movies alone. Nowadays most of my friends have girlfriends so they don't go out with anyone else ever and most of them don't like going to the theaters anyway. They think spending money in movies is stupid when you can see them at home for free. Most stuff I see alone. I go with my parents sometimes (like San Andreas last Thursday). 

Edited by CJohn

Before home video, you didn't know if you would ever get to see the movie again. Imagine being a person who fell in love with Star Wars in 1977. You'd probably go see it dozens upon dozens of times because you weren't sure there would be another chance.

This is partially why I consider Titanic the best run of all-time. It achieved unbelievable ticket sales even in an era where everyone knew walking in that we could rent the movie or buy it at some point.

Titanic si the best run of all time, dom and ww, no question, with maybe the first Star Wars dom but Star Wars numbers are sketchy, still don t know how much it made on its initial run in adjusted dollars. The movie had lots of reissues so ...

I have actually seen ROTJ four times now, but thats over 30 plus years, lol

RotJ is actually the first film I remember seeing in theaters. I saw it twice. The Emperor and Jabba scared me. But I loved the last act (still do.)

And then I saw it again when the special editions came out.

My record is probably about 15, but I've honestly lost count.

• Like 1

This is something people often don't get.

Movies at the top of the adjusted list (Gone With the Wind, Sound of Music, etc.) had such a huge advantage because they had multiple releases and people didn't have a way to view these things at home. It's a reason why Avatar is the closest we will ever get to a film coming close to the top 10 adjusted.

Avatar sold 75-80% of its tickets in 3D and had an even bigger IMAX boost than TDK. It is not very close to top 10 in ticket sales. It's somewhere in 76-78 million ticket range (bigger than TDK/TA1/SM1 by maybe 6 million tickets) but pretty far behind something like Jurassic Park or Phantom Menace. The home video and piracy situation in 2009 was obviously a tougher market than when JP1 or TPM came out, but that is another debate altogether.

RotJ is actually the first film I remember seeing in theaters. I saw it twice. The Emperor and Jabba scared me. But I loved the last act (still do.)

And then I saw it again when the special editions came out.

My record is probably about 15, but I've honestly lost count.

I am now your FRIEND

lol

Even in the age of HD and Blu-Ray, I still much prefer seeing a film in theaters, even if it's standard format and not IMAX or any of the other higher end formats.

I wish more people my age felt the same way.

• Like 1