#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Well I guess the positive thing to this just like last weekend is that if it breaks the record tomorrow morning then we can be pretty sure it's legit. That would be two weekends in a row Universal has given up the chance to brag about a record on Sunday morning, which is where 99% of the box office reports come from in the media. They don't give a flying poop about actuals on Monday.

Well, JW's record opening still got tons of headlines last Monday. 

Sure, a 2nd weekend record won't get as many headlines this week, but those who care about box office will know if that record falls.

I think Universal already knows this movie's success is getting tons of headlines, so they don't overshoot with their projections because it honestly doesn't need it.

Very good in my opinion. Its hold this weekend is just unbelievable given PIXAR released a $95m opener. I don't think Avengers would have hit $100m in its second weekend if it made an extra $25m on the weekdays, never mind having to deal with a $95m opener directly targeting its kid and parent demographic.

Hopefully JW gains lot during the weekdays this week on Avengers and takes the 2nd weekend record from it. 

All you guys asking us to project numbers for the future....were box office nerds not part Navajo. (Ok, doesn't make much sense but still kindafunny.

• Like 6

Pfft. I wouldn't bump it up to 65%. Jurassic's holding better than TDKR. Worst case scenario being that  it made something like 60% in 10 days. Again, it's going to hold up incredibly well next weekend. Then, it has the luxury of the 4th of July bump all movies get and July weekdays. It's not slowing down.

That said, not a bad comparison.

Yeah I'm just looking for worst cast scenario and I believe that's it. I'd be shocked if it actually comes up with a higher percentage of 10 day vs. final total than TDKR, regardless of Father's Day. So far the only two movies that compare with JP4's performance are both under 60% (TDK/TA1).

60% = $663m

59% = $675m

What the hell dude. Why do keep doing this.

Big six studios in high terms

Paramount- The trouble maker

Disney- Trust fund baby

Warner Brothers the jock 

Sony- annoying kid

Universal the nice  humble kid

Lionsgate the freshmen 

• Like 2