#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Too many competitions. T5 is coming and IO and Ted aren't going to just fade away.

Its insane to think a film opening 90m+ will be 2nd for this weekend and next weekend could see three films above 50m. Box office is currently on fire

Its insane to think a film opening 90m+ will be 2nd for this weekend and next weekend could see three films above 50m. Box office is currently on fire

I know, right.

If Ted doesn't underperform and IO and JW have an amazing hold we can even have 3 films over 55m.. :lol:  :lol:

Edited by KATCH 22
  • Like 1

Through all the build up to JW arriving, I hated the idea of trained raptors. Thought they were potentially ruining the best villains in the franchise. Not only did they end up making it work brilliantly, but Blue the raptor is now a national hero. A superhero taking earth's mightiest heroes down!

True. This has been an amazing year. I'm also optimistic for next year.

March

BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE

May

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR

X-MEN: APOCALYPSE

June

WARCRAFT

FINDING DORY

INDEPENDENCE DAY II

July

STAR TREK III

August

SUICIDE SQUAD

November

DR. STRANGE

FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM

December

ROGUE ONE

Disney will clean up again. The $8B they paid for Marvel & Lucasfilm  is really a chump change compared to what the are getting back.

Warner is coming strong with old franchise, Batman vs Superman (I really wish they would change the title) & Squad, and new one, Fantastic Beasts.

Universal, well, has to sit out 2016 after a spectacular 2015.

Through all the build up to JW arriving, I hated the idea of trained raptors. Thought they were potentially ruining the best villains in the franchise. Not only did they end up making it work brilliantly, but Blue the raptor is now a national hero. A superhero taking earth's mightiest heroes down!

Agree.

And that Blue/T-Rex tag team!! Making two big baddies from the first JP the real heroes in JW was the best idea ever.

• Like 1

Agree.

And that Blue/T-Rex tag team!! Making two big baddies from the first JP the real heroes in JW was the best idea ever.

Well, they used it in movies like Terminator 2 & the recent Godzilla: old villains becoming new heroes

• Like 1

...90 mil plus for Inside Out?

I wish I could find a gif of Fear fainting but I'm on my phone right now.

So Dory will probably smash past TS3's OW next year.

I think Finding Dory is going to absolutely crush TS3.

Its no lock to break to the record yet if Deadlines numbers are accurate

Why would they be more accurate than RTH's?

• Like 2

Almost 200 pages!

Last weekend thread was 400+ pages. I wasn't on most of the time because it's my working weekend but I bet most of the posts contained the same few keywords; Holy/Shit/WTH/OMG/WOW and the big F. :lol:  :lol: :lol:  

• Like 5

I saw Jurassic world for my first time last night and my first time in IMAX and I still loved it just as much as the first time

• Like 2