#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

That club is dead regardless; no way is Inside Out not #1 next week

Assuming 95-97m OW

Ted 2 - $80 million

Inside Out - $70 million

Jurassic World - $60 million

It's certainly possible. Is it likely? Not really.

No one thought Inside Out would give JW a challenge. Ted 2 should slightly overperform since its trailer was attached to JW

I still have a hard time seeing Minions do better than Despicable Me 2. That film was marketing a year and a half in advance with just as much Miniom presence and did impossibly well. Even Shrek (which DM mirrors the most of any current franchise) tapered off a bit on the third movie.

If Inside Out manages to take first this weekend, that would put Jurassic World in a very strange place.

To date, the highest grossing film to only win a single weekend is the final Harry Potter, which did set a weekend record, but then fell to second beneath Captain America's opening.

JW could do the same thing, except it's heading for unparalleled box office heights. It'd be kinda weird.

(#2 on the list is the original Transformers, due to it releasing at 8pm on a Monday.)

That just makes its run even more amazing. Movies like TDK and TA1, as loved as they were, pretty much got a free run of things for quite awhile. Just the truth of the matter.

I hate to say it but with these bombshell Rth announcements, I'm gonna be disappointed if IO doesn't win the weekend xD Such is the way of box office.

Then you obviously don't pay attention to how these weekends work....

Factor out the previews and they will be much closer which means that IO would have more ground to make up on Saturday which isn't going to happen since the pattern for Pixar is to drop on Saturday. A movie in its 2nd weekend will increase on Saturday more than any opener by virtue of it not having the first day rush to contend with.

Ultimately it's comments like this that make me think logic is gone from this board more often then it's present. It's only your reasoning that will cause you to be disappointed.

• Like 1

been super bonkers all day WC had a chuck highest grossing thrs majority of day, let's see how that translates

WC forgot about the Dinos?

Unless Minions breaks out too.

There's not enough room in the market. Families don't have infinite amounts of cash to spend. Most have already gone to JW and now IO. Minions will be hurt by IO's WOM juggernaut.

• Like 1

Original as in "100% original, not derived from any pre-existing work"? What's the record for that?

EDIT: Beaten by TELE  :ph34r:

Edited by Chewy
  • Like 2

I still have a hard time seeing Minions do better than Despicable Me 2. That film was marketing a year and a half in advance with just as much Miniom presence and did impossibly well. Even Shrek (which DM mirrors the most of any current franchise) tapered off a bit on the third movie.

That's because the third movie sucked.

• Like 1

There's not enough room in the market. Families don't have infinite amounts of cash to spend. Most have already gone to JW and now IO. Minions will be hurt by IO's WOM juggernaut.

IO will make people forget about DM and DM2?

Ted 2 is doing 60+ next week, and as trash as Terminator looks, it could push past 40 and MM past 30. Then after that, Minions, which at this point is doing 100M, and we will see more 50, 60, and 70M+ openers afterwards with Ant Man, Pixels, MI5, etc. Crazy.

Edited by Jandrew