kayumanggi

RAMPAGE | 13 April 2018 | Warner Brothers | Dwayne Johnson

9 minutes ago, BXT said:

The Rock is a very busy actor so I am not sure if they will be able to re-schedule is that easily other than maybe move it up to 13th.

What the heck does the Rock being a busy actor have to do with rescheduling the movie,since it is pretty much in final form

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

What the heck does the Rock being a busy actor have to do with rescheduling the movie?

Because he will have to promote it and he can't promote it if he is busy with other movies.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

This is a super simple fix. Just movie it up a week and it's in the exact same position it was before with IW. Force one of those many 4/13 flops to switch with it. 

23 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Yeah, it's likely going to move up now.

Also there is apparently a toy line for this in Wal-Mart.

Moving up a week will be easier said than done because of the *five* wide releases currently planning to release on that date. If Avengers' move is what'a getting them to consider going into a free-for-all in regards to which date they should migrate to, Rampage moving onto their exact date would be the thing to ignite that.

35 minutes ago, JB33 said:

WB is probably piiiiiiiissed. Before IW moved, RAMPAGE was the only tentpole of the entire month, was it not?

Yep. There are a couple potential horror hits in A QUIET PLACE and TRUTH OR DARE, but that's it.

Can't forget the spiritual sequel to universally-loved Shallow Hal

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

20 minutes ago, slambros said:

Moving up a week will be easier said than done because of the *five* wide releases currently planning to release on that date. If Avengers' move is what'a getting them to consider going into a free-for-all in regards to which date they should migrate to, Rampage moving onto their exact date would be the thing to ignite that.

Rampage moving to May 6th would leave it getting CRUSHED by Avengers most likely high second weekend. Perhaps you could have a Star Wars-Jumanji type performance, but then again, Jumanji didn't have to worry about Deadpool coming out after it.

As for the competition on the 13th, give me a break, is anyone clamoring to see the Overboard remake or the Truth or Dare movie where the characters faces digital become emoji smiles? Sgt Stubbby will also go the way of Spark and Ratchet and Clank . . .or vanish off the schedule altogether only to appear as a Wal-Mart exclusive DVD title. The other two titles might as well not exist.

Edited by Yandereprime101189
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Rampage moving to May 6th would leave it getting CRUSHED by Avengers most likely high second weekend. Perhaps you could have a Star Wars-Jumanji type performance, but then again, Jumanji didn't have to worry about Deadpool coming out after it.

As for the competition on the 13th, give me a break, is anyone clamoring to see the Overboard remake or the Truth or Dare movie where the characters faces digital become emoji smiles? Sgt Stubbby will also go the way of Spark and Ratchet and Clank . . .or vanish off the schedule altogether only to appear as a Wal-Mart exclusive DVD title. The other two titles might as well not exist.

I think I'm the only one thinking Sgt. Stubby has more potential than that; I mean, it won't be a slam dunk, but its subject matter can propel it to a better position if the film is of any noticeable quality.

But it wouldn't beat Rampage. None of those films on that date would get an opening weekend above $10M against Rampage. That's why I'm hoping Warner Bros has the heart to let those films be and ler Rampage stand for itself.

Edited by slambros
  • Like 1

I wouldn't be so certain about weak legs. It'll face a big blow in its second weekend, but there's plenty of room for recovery. There's a strong chance midsize theaters keep it around until mid-June. A 12plex could like like this on June 8:

Ocean's 8 x2

Solo x2

Hereditary

Action Point

Adrift

Deadpool

Book Club

Life of the Party

Avengers

Rampage

The only movies released after Rampage not in that lineup are Traffik, Bad Samaritan, Breaking In, and Show Dogs. The first two and Show Dogs will be dropped from theaters fast, and Breaking In will probably have shitty legs considering it looks like a ScreenGems film.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, BXT said:

Because he will have to promote it and he can't promote it if he is busy with other movies.

Since it will only be moving a week or  two if it moves, that should not be a major problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

I wouldn't be so certain about weak legs. It'll face a big blow in its second weekend, but there's plenty of room for recovery. There's a strong chance midsize theaters keep it around until mid-June. A 12plex could like like this on June 8:

Ocean's 8 x2

Solo x2

Hereditary

Action Point

Adrift

Deadpool

Book Club

Life of the Party

Avengers

Rampage

The only movies released after Rampage not in that lineup are Traffik, Bad Samaritan, Breaking In, and Show Dogs. The first two and Show Dogs will be dropped from theaters fast, and Breaking In will probably have shitty legs considering it looks like a ScreenGems film.

After IW, DP and Solo it would probably be clinging to half a screen at a mid sized multiplex.