kayumanggi

RAMPAGE | 13 April 2018 | Warner Brothers | Dwayne Johnson

6 hours ago, TombRaider said:

crazy how someone untalented like the rock is the biggest movie star in the world

Since when has "acting talent" defined box office draw? I mean when has Daniel Day-Lewis been a box office megastar?

In terms of what draws audiences in, it's mostly about charisma, putting a smile on your face. Arnie was the biggest actor in the world for some time, I don't think he's ever gonna be an Oscar winner though. Actually Dwayne Johnson is pretty similar, looks like a tough guy macho man but is also very funny and likeable.

• Like 3

The Chicago scenes just feel too empty and the monsters feel too small - unless they're still getting bigger and they've hid that money shot. But seriously, I'd like to see more people running around and more chaos and hysteria. Chicago is huge and America sucks at evacuations:

hurricane-interestate.jpg

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 6

I think this will do well in April, there is always space for a blockbuster even if a big Marvel movie is opening on first week of May, plus this year March doesn't look that strong (unless RPO breaks out and dominates April). In 2017 Fast 8 did 223m DOM before GOTG.V2 did 389,8m DOM and in 2016 TJB did 364m DOM before Civil War 408m DOM. Now, I am not saying this will do +250m DOM but I can see something like 140-175m DOM. 

• Like 1

WB is saving the giant-sized monster clash for Kong vs Godzilla. But if this over-performs and does 200+ like EC thinks or does 250, maybe it can beat Kong vs Godzilla. Dat DJ power. BTW, in the current hype I think T'challa would be a great name to lead Kong vs Godzilla but that's a digression.

This seemed to get the best reaction out of all the trailers at BP last night.  It actually got a better reaction than the movie which was odd, but I guess it was an odd crowd for that part

16 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Box Office Pro seems to think Rampage will do $25m OW which is kind of low

I agree, but also think the 100 Million estimates some people here are pushing is too high. I suspect it will open in the 50 to 75 Million range.