kayumanggi

RAMPAGE | 13 April 2018 | Warner Brothers | Dwayne Johnson

I wanna this move to May 4.The original release date for Infinity War!;)

I am sure it's quite empty that week now.

CBM film 2nd weekend is not that 

horrendous.Infinity War may influence a bit.But 2nd weekend is not that horrendous as ow.Deadpool two weeks away is okay.San Andreas-Jurassic world is two week gap.Different types film work out fine.

BtW,Murder on the Orient Express do very well between Thor and Justice League.MotE and Rampage are not a CBM films.They won't hurt too much between two CBM films.

May 4 is 5 weeks after RP1.That's enough time for Warner to adjust their schedule and time.

Another choice push back to summer.But it will be too close to Skyscraper and the Meg

Edited by bangbingchan
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

This is a super simple fix. Just movie it up a week and it's in the exact same position it was before with IW. Force one of those many 4/13 flops to switch with it. 

April 13 might be too close to Ready player one.Only two weeks after RP1.Very busy for Warner promotion two A level film in a such tight time.

Edited by bangbingchan

Rampage is not going to be a raging success no matter where it moves or whether or not that Avengers movie released at some other time. The movie is going to be panned, and every time I have seen the trailer somewhere, the response by the people there has always been, "are they serious?" I have no idea why anyone expects it to be some huge success, in the USA at least, but most of the things on here are perplexing.  

Edited by PenguinHyphy
  • Like 1

Just now, PenguinHyphy said:

Rampage is not going to perform well no matter where it moves. The movie is going to be panned, and every time I have seen the trailer somewhere, the response by the people there has always been, "are they serious?" I have no idea why anyone expects it to be some huge success, in the USA at least, but most of the things on here are perplexing.  

A user here said the movie is actually fun.  I expect pretty good reviews

1 minute ago, PenguinHyphy said:

Rampage is not going to perform well no matter where it moves. The movie is going to be panned, and every time I have seen the trailer somewhere, the response by the people there has always been, "are they serious?" I have no idea why anyone expects it to be some huge success, in the USA at least, but most of the things on here are perplexing.  

Do you ever have anything positive to say?

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, bangbingchan said:

April 13 might be too close to Ready player one.Only two weeks after RP1.Very busy for Warner promotion two A level film in a such tight time.

They're already releasing Rampage O/S on the 13th.  One week earlier won't make much difference in their promotional plans and moving it to a week after IW would be almost as bad for it's B.O. as leaving it where it is.

8 minutes ago, PenguinHyphy said:

Rampage is not going to be a raging success no matter where it moves or whether or not that Avengers movie released at some other time. The movie is going to be panned, and every time I have seen the trailer somewhere, the response by the people there has always been, "are they serious?" I have no idea why anyone expects it to be some huge success, in the USA at least, but most of the things on here are perplexing.  

Rampage is my first choice in April.Anyway,Infinity War 99% won't release in April in China.Avengers still remain in May 4.Rampage can do Skull land number this year.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

They're already releasing Rampage O/S on the 13th.  One week earlier won't make much difference in their promotional plans and moving it to a week after IW would be almost as bad for it's B.O. as leaving it where it is.

May 4 or April 13

Warner choice time

20 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Rampage is going to take IMAX and PLFs from RPO anyway so one week won't make a different. 

3 hours ago, BXT said:

New long range predictions from Box Office pro.

Avengers  215/538

Rampage 19/47

Tomb Raider 28/70

Wrinkle 39/115

https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-tracking-avengers-infinity-war/

Is there a list of the worst Box Office "long range trackings"? Because I think this is a contender.

IW won't be a factor after the huge OW.

Edited by MrGlass2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

Is there a list of the worst Box Office "long range trackings"? Because I think this is a contender.

IW won't be a factor after the huge OW.

Box Office Pro usually sucks at predicting things. This is why I always ignore what they have to say, or read their predictions for kicks.

Box Office Mojo will always be superior, because they take tracking into account as well as other factors. Added note: Hell, the people HERE have been more accurate with films over the last year than Box Office Pro.

Edited by NoobSaibot
  • Like 1

Don't wanna repeat the many echoes around here, but yes: right now, Rampage moves up to the 13th, or WB are incompetent.

When you think about it, that move would actually be beneficial to Rampage, as 1) it gets two weeks of no competition, 2) then it has a harsher drop through IW, but then 3) the two weekends after IW go back to having no real competition. So it can hold on for a solid month in there, until Deadpool 2 hits which is when the theater count starts going down.