baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

There was no logic to that statement :lol:

Toy Story 3 was facing Grown Ups in its second weekend, which had some family appeal. Cars 2 had Zookeeper (much less extent, but still more family power than Max). Brave didn't face any family competition but Ted and Magic Mike both pulled in big numbers on its second weekend. Not to mention it was basically running up against Madagascar 3.

Inside Out does have Jurassic World to face as competition. But from what I've seen working at the movie theatre in my town, the only "families" seeing JW are dads and their sons. Inside Out is killing it in family appeal (although they are neck and neck in terms of overall attendance).

haha, fair enough.

Inside Out is taking it IMO. Family movies just play incredibly well Saturdays.

1. Inside Out - $51.6M

2. Jurassic World - $49.3M

3. Ted 2 - $34.1M

Way WAY off from my initial predictions:

1. Ted 2 - $59.5M

2. Inside Out - $54M

3. Jurassic World - $49.5M

Except they don't. If u base it off other June Pixar releases IO will go up about 25% today.

• Like 2

Except they don't. If u base it off other June Pixar releases IO will go up about 25% today.

Haven't they though? :( Home did 52 off of 15, LEGO did 69 off of 17 and Lorax did 70 off of 17...

I don't known how much 22JS effected HTTYD2...

Ted is loved by the people (I've legitimately never heard someone say they dislike Ted and Most people I known rave about how good it is) Ted's failure is perplexing in every degree. the marketing was hilarious to ( The F. Scott Fitzgerald and “and that's our first impression" jokes that the trailers used were killer.

The trailers for Ted 2 just felt bland and uninspiring. MacFarlane was reusing jokes from Family Guy and the tagline "Ted is coming again" was bland. 

Haven't they though? :( Home did 52 off of 15, LEGO did 69 off of 17 and Lorax did 70 off of 17...

Every one of those is non-summer when kids were in school. Plenty of stay at home parents took their kids to see Inside Out this week. It had huge weekdays. That would not have been the case in February.

• Like 2

Buddy? Come on this is box office 101. Those are not summer films.

• Like 3

IO can hit 50 mil but it would be with a Saturday jump in the high twenties and a Sunday decline in the high teens. People should look at JUNE animated movies for comps instead of pulling from other seasons that may seem more generous.

Either way, it's having a great run. It'll be over Dragon 2's entire run by Sunday.

• Like 4

Buddy? Come on this is box office 101. Those are not summer films.

:rotfl: no you guys are right. Brain fart :(

I would have probably said the same this as you had someone else posted, no idea why it slipped my mind :unsure:

• Like 2

IO can hit 50 mil but it would be with a Saturday jump in the high twenties and a Sunday decline in the high teens. People should look at JUNE animated movies for comps instead of pulling from other seasons that may seem more generous.

Either way, it's having a great run. It'll be over Dragon 2's entire run by Sunday.

Since Ted is a dud, I'd like to at least see two $50m movies this weekend.