Alpha

Wednesday Numbers | Official Estimates: Magic Mike XXL - 9.3M; Terminator: Genisys - 8.9M

I think you guys are overestimating TG's fanbase crowd; this is SW or JP where you have fans lining up at the door on opening day. The brand has cooled off since '91 and the movie will have much more walk-up business than expected IMO.

• Like 2

Bad preview for Terminator Genisys, but this stil gives me hope.

Terminator Genisys goes wide in 3,758 locations today. Over the weekend, Terminator Genisys collected $8.4M in 10 foreign territories. According to Fandango’s presales, Terminator Genisys is pacing ahead of San Andreas at the same point in its sales cycle.

http://deadline.com/2015/07/magic-mike-xxl-starts-dancing-at-tuesday-night-previews-inside-out-crosses-200m-1201465698/

Pre-sales don't really ensure success. Like some have mentioned, Fandango also reported that Ted 2 is outpacing Ted in pre-sales but look at what happened now. 

I think you guys are overestimating TG's fanbase crowd; this is SW or JP where you have fans lining up at the door on opening day. The brand has cooled off since '91 and the movie will have much more walk-up business than expected IMO.

But unlike those, you have much less people giving a shit about Terminator.

Pre-sales don't really ensure success. Like some have mentioned, Fandango also reported that Ted 2 is outpacing Ted in pre-sales but look at what happened now. 

Interstellar outpacing Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.  :ph34r:

why would a movie without fan base crowd have a walk in crowd with atrocious reviews? I am sure walk in crowd will prefer Jurassic World or Inside Out for sure.

Meh for TG :/ i still think there is only 2 Terminator film.

BTW i re watch The one pretty bad film overall but he music is good lol the only good thing and Statham get his ass kicked :D for once  ahah

Rewatched The Terminator today. "yep, definitely not a concept that lends itself to sequels" was a thought that crossed my head a lot while watching it. took 3 decades to prove that point and here we are.

why would a movie without fan base crowd have a walk in crowd with atrocious reviews? I am sure walk in crowd will prefer Jurassic World or Inside Out for sure.

Yeah, I think the fanbase is more cautious if they'd wait to see it opening day than go to the previews.

Because people don't care about reviews and there is buzz surrounding Terminator?

Yeah but didn't fandango say Ted 2 was outselling the original Ted last week?

I'm getting tired of Fandango announcing "X movie" is outselling "Y movie from three years ago". Doesn't mean shit anymore.

A comparison between two films three years apart isn't that useful. But this is comparing it specifically to a film within the past two months, so there haven't been huge marketplace changes in the number of online sales.

If TG's 5-day can match SA's 3-day, it's probably going to be declared a success.

Meh for TG :/ i still think there is only 2 Terminator film.

BTW i re watch The one pretty bad film overall but he music is good lol the only good thing and Statham get his ass kicked :D for once  ahah

That was pre-Transporter Statham, and one of his very few attempts at an American accent. I can't remember which is the last film he used it in. Cellular, maybe, the cell phone movie where Statham's the bad guy and Captain America is a slacker turned hero.

Yeah but didn't fandango say Ted 2 was outselling the original Ted last week?

I believe more people use Fandango now than when the first Ted came out, so the comparison to San Andreas is much more relevant to Terminator since it is a recent film.

I believe more people use Fandango now than when the first Ted came out, so the comparison to San Andreas is much more relevant to Terminator since it is a recent film.

How about Interstellar outselling Dawn reports. If they are comparing San Andreas number on wednesday vs TG its not good as that opened late thursday !!! Also that was not a sequel.

I understand that but good or bad pre show don't equal success or failure. If this movie did another 700,000 in pre show tickets last night. It should have been considered decent/solid start. Yet the movie could have struggled the next day. Just like Entourage did a few weeks ago. Terminator has a older fan-base who aren't going to go see this until today, tomorrow or Friday. So I wouldn't write off this movie just yet. Especially if it has good pre sale numbers for the next few days. Now if it grosses below 10-12 million on Wednesday. Thenc I'd agree with you guys. But right now it's still too early to tell.