kayumanggi

MILE 22 | STX | Aug 3 2018 | Peter Berg in talks to direct | Mark Wahlberg to star

Just now, EmpireCity said:

The footage from CinemaCon was terrible.  They basically made this for China.  

And yet it looks like something that would bomb everywhere aside from the U.S. like Patriots Day did (which also flopped here as well). :lol:

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

Well it might be made for old white men but guess what, that's me. I am definitely excited for this movie LOL

So you’re the reason there’s 15 versions of NCIS?!?!?!?!

What’s the appeal?????

3 minutes ago, AJG said:

So you’re the reason there’s 15 versions of NCIS?!?!?!?!

What’s the appeal?????

Do you really have to ask? Same appeal as any 80s kick was type movie.

Troubled production seem to translate in a troubled trailer, bit hard to follow.

When they said it was not a Roussey vehicule anymore and reduced her lines, they seem to not have been joking about it.

Patriot Day was almost great, but that had backed in emotivity and Trent Reznor. Look like it could be the first miss from that pair that always delivered really good movies before that.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I also suspect they might move the release date again.  They have slapped a "Coming Soon" on it.  

It's best for everyone if it moves. August 3 has way too many movies coming out that will kill screen space for anything released before July 20.

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's best for everyone if it moves. August 3 has way too many movies coming out that will kill screen space for anything released before July 20.

They have a real dilemma on their hands with this one. 

Skyscraper, The Equalizer 2, Mission: Impossible Fallout, The Spy Who Dumped Me, and The Meg are going to sap any audience the would have had.  

Hard to move later in August or September and compete with their own movies and then run into The Predator.  

If I were them, I would move it all the way to Jan. 25th, 2019 and take that slot the have another action movie in that did well for them with Den of Thieves.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

They have a real dilemma on their hands with this one. 

Skyscraper, The Equalizer 2, Mission: Impossible Fallout, The Spy Who Dumped Me, and The Meg are going to sap any audience the would have had.  

Hard to move later in August or September and compete with their own movies and then run into The Predator.  

If I were them, I would move it all the way to Jan. 25th, 2019 and take that slot the have another action movie in that did well for them with Den of Thieves.  

Eh, I don't think it'd have to worry about The Predator. I agree on the January release date.

• Like 1