kayumanggi

MILE 22 | STX | Aug 3 2018 | Peter Berg in talks to direct | Mark Wahlberg to star

20 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

It is an atrocious film and the quicker STX goes out of business or fires everyone at the top the better.  

STX though has generally made some pretty good stuff have they not? Wouldn’t one bad film be the fault of the people making the movie rather than the studio distributing it? Or is the “badness” much deeper than that?

9 minutes ago, DAJK said:

STX though has generally made some pretty good stuff have they not? Wouldn’t one bad film be the fault of the people making the movie rather than the studio distributing it? Or is the “badness” much deeper than that?

Yeah, I'm not sure where this "STX needs to shut down cause they make terrible movies" complex comes from. They've put out The Gift, The Edge of Seventeen, Molly's Game, and Adrift, all of which received very good to great reviews. This one's on the Bergs.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Yeah, I'm not sure where this "STX needs to shut down cause they make terrible movies" complex comes from. They've put out The Gift, The Edge of Seventeen, Molly's Game, and Adrift, all of which received very good to great reviews. This one's on the Bergs.

In that case, Markey Mark/Berg are 3 for 4 if you ask me

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DAJK said:

They have made a few good things, but overall their slate is garbage.  

I don’t know if some Freaky Friday shit happened to Peter Berg because “Mile 22” embodies all of the trappings of a Bay film, but somehow maintains Berg’s style. Oh crap. This is Peter Berg unleashed. The opening sequence lets you know right away that this is very much a Peter Berg film. It features all of the requirements: Violence, gore, guns, patriotic themes, people whose occupation involves some sort of national security, Marky Mark, and John Malkovich. Seriously, if you thought “Patriot’s Day” was Berg’s political stance, “Mile 22” continues that conversation as he channels his inner Michael Bay, and it is not good.

FULL REVIEW: https://rendyreviews.com/movies//mile-22-review

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, AJG said:

Sooooooo the Audience Score for this is 31%.

I guess John Wick increased people's taste in action films en masse. That, or people disagree strongly with Berg's political philosophy. Either way, an action film with unnecessary shaky cam and fast-paced editing deserves reception like this in 2018. Iko Uwais deserved better.

19 hours ago, rjones1325 said:

I don’t know if some Freaky Friday shit happened to Peter Berg because “Mile 22” embodies all of the trappings of a Bay film, but somehow maintains Berg’s style. Oh crap. This is Peter Berg unleashed. The opening sequence lets you know right away that this is very much a Peter Berg film. It features all of the requirements: Violence, gore, guns, patriotic themes, people whose occupation involves some sort of national security, Marky Mark, and John Malkovich. Seriously, if you thought “Patriot’s Day” was Berg’s political stance, “Mile 22” continues that conversation as he channels his inner Michael Bay, and it is not good.

FULL REVIEW: https://rendyreviews.com/movies//mile-22-review

Why include "mean spirited?"  That's an editorial comment, not a critique of the quality of the film.   That shows a bias on your part.

59 minutes ago, Gamera said:

Why include "mean spirited?"  That's an editorial comment, not a critique of the quality of the film.   That shows a bias on your part.

What? Mean-Spirited is a quality.

edit: I didn’t see the above post.

edit: Im still thinking about this post. Saying “I found this movie to be mean spirited” is just as valid as saying “I found this movie to be fun”. Both are qualities that can be attributed to just any art.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 2