kayumanggi

MILE 22 | STX | Aug 3 2018 | Peter Berg in talks to direct | Mark Wahlberg to star

12 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

lmao DAMN. This is older skewing, so I don’t think WOM will hit immediately this weekend, but next week’s hold won’t be pretty.

Apparently the studio hoped this would be the start of a Franchise. After the reviews, the weak audience ratings and what looks like not very good box office I don't think they will be getting one.

4 hours ago, dudalb said:

Apparently the studio hoped this would be the start of a Franchise. After the reviews, the weak audience ratings and what looks like not very good box office I don't think they will be getting one.

Wow, that would suck. The cliffhanger is brutal in this movie. Crazy stuff.

This wasn’t very good but I was entertained. Action really pissed me off at times with the editing, but a lot of it was still pretty damn entertaining. 

Liked it it better than Equalizer, which hasn’t sat with me well. Not by much though 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DAJK said:

This wasn’t very good but I was entertained. Action really pissed me off at times with the editing, but a lot of it was still pretty damn entertaining. 

Liked it it better than Equalizer, which hasn’t sat with me well. Not by much though 

Yeah this was a fun movie and there was action in it from start until the end and a lot of it was well done. But the editing choices in this are a real head scratcher. There's a nice twist in it and a really good performance from Lauren Cohan but again the editing choices really messed the movie Up.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, dudalb said:

!4 Million dollar  OW and fighting it out for third place.  You can kiss a squel good bye.

The budget has been listed as $35m which might have made it viable if it did well O/S (though Wallberg/Berg movies usually do less than 50% O/S)

But Deadline in the w/e roundup said it was about 60% less than Deepwater's $118m so it might be closer to high 40s - so yes no sequel if that's the number.

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:26 PM, TalismanRing said:

The budget has been listed as $35m which might have made it viable if it did well O/S (though Wallberg/Berg movies usually do less than 50% O/S)

But Deadline in the w/e roundup said it was about 60% less than Deepwater's $118m so it might be closer to high 40s - so yes no sequel if that's the number.

Things other the pure box office numbers go into  a sequel decision. That the audience ratings for this  are not good would also have been a factor even if the film had managed to limp into breaking even or modest profit.  but with the film apparently on the road not to even break even,  a sequel or franchise are DOA.

and it does suck that apparently the film ends with a cliffhanger or strong lead into a sequel.

• Like 1

There's a really good movie in there somewhere.  It's marred by the stupid editing decisions and some of the indiscernible dialogue.  But Wahlberg and especially Cohen are really good and the action is fast and frenzied.  Just clean it up a bit and make it more of a straight action film and fuck the clever editing.  

16 hours ago, HesAPooka said:

I've enjoyed all of Berg and Wahlberg's movies together and hope they make more, but what are the odds the studio lets them make another one? If you include this one then their last 3 have been massive money losers.

Their next collaboration is a Netflix release.

• Like 1