Mojoguy

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals: IO 29.77, JW 29.24, TG 27.02, | IO Wins Weekend!

I'm taking about actual WOM I've heard from people in person. My brother went and he said everyone was on their phones after 20 minutes. People are laughing out loud at this film, but not at the jokes.

Well, I've spoken to several people who've seen the film, plus I saw it myself.

No one ever mentioned this kind of reaction - your brother might have been in a very special screening (or he is making things up).

At my showing, most of the audience liked the movie, and the laughs were at the right places.

• Like 2

Well, I've spoken to several people who've seen the film, plus I saw it myself.

No one ever mentioned this kind of reaction - your brother might have been in a very special screening (or he is making things up).

At my showing, most of the audience liked the movie, and the laughs were at the right places.

Grace mentions the same thing in her review, that kids in the cinema where so bored they pulled their phone out and texted away during the movie.

http://youtu.be/OB9NtZdY-s8

• Like 1

The real question is: When/if IO will pass FN?

I don't think IO has any chance of getting to FN's overall domestic gross of $380 million. At this rate, it might beat FN's original theatrical run, which IIRC was just over $300m. IO is probably 50-50 to reach $300m, given the Minions tidal-wave that will hit next weekend.

That's still a massive success for IO, of course. 

Edited by StephenJ

Team Dino ruled the world once , i see no reason why their genetically modified 3D  pixel version won't , go 4 peat !! 

i'm going to watch it again this weekend today or tomorrow , i want to wath tale of tales , rewatch love and mercy (awesome by the way just a lovely sweet movie), rewatch terminator genisys (twas fun)

is gunman any good? with sean penn!

• Like 2

IO will hit 300. Yes it will be affected next weekend but it will recover nicely the weeks after. Word of mouth on this is way too strong for it to be hurt by one movie.

• Like 3

I don't think IO has any chance of getting to FN's overall domestic gross of $380 million. At this rate, it might beat FN's original theatrical run, which IIRC was just over $300m. IO is probably 50-50 to reach $300m, given the Minions tidal-wave that will hit next weekend.

That's still a massive success for IO, of course. 

This .... IO will be 55M shy of 300M mark afther the weekend, and get 18M midweek and 20M weekend, so that would put it 12M shy. It's going to do something like 330-340M

IO will hit 300. Yes it will be affected next weekend but it will recover nicely the weeks after. Word of mouth on this is way too strong for it to be hurt by one movie.

This .... IO will be 55M shy of 300M mark afther the weekend, and get 18M midweek and 20M weekend, so that would put it 12M shy. It's going to do something like 330-340M

Still ridiculously impressive though. Especially considering that post-conversion version of FN had such a strong pull on people to check out the underwater sequences in 3D.

What is this all about?

It's half in jest but Emilia Clarke, the actress playing Sarah Connor in TG, plays super popular character Daenerys Targaryean (also known as Khaleesi), on the HBO show Game of Thrones, a worldwide phenomenon.

At least Terminator performed well OS.

MMXXL is performing way above the first one over here. How do we know it isn't doing the same everywhere else?

Jurassic World's got this weekend, incredible. Performs better on weekends. Also a very good number with it losing 400 screens, including IMAX. IO gained screens this weekend.

Magic Mike is turning a bit Ted 2 as the days go by.

Edited by MonstersandRoy
  • Like 2