Mojoguy

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals: IO 29.77, JW 29.24, TG 27.02, | IO Wins Weekend!

Seems reasonable. I'm pretty sure the sequels are dead, unless overseas gross really surprises, which I doubt it will. Also the legs will probably be poor enough, that Paramount will cancel the planned sequels.

So far Terminator Genisys is showing pretty good holds. So it could have decent legs. Right now it's ahead of Edge of Tomorrow and Now You See Me by 8-9 million and they grossed 100 and 115 million. While it's about 1.5 million behind Pacific Rim after 5 days and that grossed 101 million. So I think Terminator is a lock for 89-90 million. While it has a good chance at 100 million. With 110-115 million still possible. I guess we will see what kind of legs it has Monday through Sunday next week. I'm hoping for 30 million plus..

This will be the last weekend with JW and IO in the Top 2. It has been a pleasure following them!

Inside_Out_Jurassic_World.jpg

So your not rooting for Terminator Genisys out gross both of them by 2-3 million tomorrow and winning the weekend? LOL jk Edited by gb0708

So your not rooting for Terminator Genisys out gross both of them by 2-3 million tomorrow and winning the weekend? LOL jk

The weekend isn't over yet, but I think we already have our two champs. ;)

Does anybody know what Universal could do to give JW an extra push for it to pass Titanic?  Just a new TV campaign or double bill?

I'm pretty sure Fox/Paramount did SOMETHING to help Titanic hit 600m even though, as I recall, it didn't really have any justification for loitering about as it did.  It seems likely that studios often do things to help somethings hit milestones, although I've never specifically heard of it.

• Like 1

Does anybody know what Universal could do to give JW an extra push for it to pass Titanic? Just a new TV campaign or double bill?

I'm pretty sure Fox/Paramount did SOMETHING to help Titanic hit 600m even though, as I recall, it didn't really have any justification for loitering about as it did. It seems likely that studios often do things to help somethings hit milestones, although I've never specifically heard of it.

It shouldn't have to, really. It's going to be at about $555-560m by the end of the weekend, and coming of a weekend in the high 20s, another 40m will be no struggle to make.

Edited by Spaghetti
  • Like 3

I think $2.5m on Saturday for Magic Mike XXL is the worst single day gross of the year, considering the reasonable expectations there were for the film. Shocking number. It's barely going to get much over $10m on the 3 day weekend.

• Like 3

This combo was reminiscent of Katniss and Elsa teaming-up to Queen over Winter 2013. Good times...

girl-on-fire-dress-hunger-games-gif-l-5a

c96c52e1564d4103793a384da1c8b300.jpg

I still remember the excitement over CFs midnight numbers followed by the disappointed by it's opening day followed by more disappointment at it's opening weekend followed by excitement at it's massive weekdays followed by even more excitement at it's second weekend followed by slight disappointment at it's following drop concluding with relief as it held well enough through the holidays.

People really do need to just calm down sometimes  :P

Edited by killimano3
  • Like 1