Mojoguy

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals: IO 29.77, JW 29.24, TG 27.02, | IO Wins Weekend!

Does anybody know what Universal could do to give JW an extra push for it to pass Titanic?  Just a new TV campaign or double bill?

I'm pretty sure Fox/Paramount did SOMETHING to help Titanic hit 600m even though, as I recall, it didn't really have any justification for loitering about as it did.  It seems likely that studios often do things to help somethings hit milestones, although I've never specifically heard of it.

I know what they can.

Nothing.

It will pass Titanic all on its own.

• Like 4

MM2 is just laughable. I don't care what the budget was, that's abysmal. 

Hope JW fourpeats and IO snatches that Greek Wedding record! Can't believe it's down to the wire yet again this weekend! This is the fourth weekend where JW keeps me guessing up until actuals come in.

Guess the Novelty of Male strippers getting their own movie only goes so far.. It's either that or between the time of the last movie up to now, women have turned Gay and shit like this turns them off which would explain the abysmal box office... :ph34r:

The first film was boring and didn't have enough stripping.

The second film looked like it was all stripping, but in fact it's MORE boring and has even LESS stripping. Franchise: Ended.

• Like 2

This combo was reminiscent of Katniss and Elsa teaming-up to Queen over Winter 2013. Good times...

girl-on-fire-dress-hunger-games-gif-l-5a

c96c52e1564d4103793a384da1c8b300.jpg

Poor Anna, nobody likes her.

It's always Elsa, Elsa, and Elsa.

• Like 2

Mike is actually even more of an indie Steve Soderbergh film than the first one. Sure he isn't 'the director' but he shot it, edited it - it's got his stamp all over it. Massively indulgent indie movie that the mainstream didn't pay to see. Even though it's a much better movie for it.

• Like 2

Agree, this duo has been one of my favourite times as a BO follower.

Seriously. Love both and it's been such a fun month following their ascent.

It'll be interesting to see how this weekend ends and what impact Minions has next weekend.

This ride isn't over yet!

• Like 1

See, that's weird. Why would you make a movie about male stripping and not have much stripping in it?

My friendssay it's way better and fun. They didn't complain about the stripping. They didn't like 1st maybe they like it better because there was no force drama lol. I'll find out next week.

Edited by Dragon

It shouldn't have to, really. It's going to be at about $555-560m by the end of the weekend, and coming of a weekend in the high 20s, another 40m will be no struggle to make.

They count the 3D re-release, so the Titainic number now is 658m. 

Going to be very close between Inside Out and JP4. I'm guessing Universal will be conservative again and Inside Out will be projected #1 this morning, but wouldn't be surprised if JP4 takes #1 with actuals.

See, that's what I thought was gonna happen last weekend, and then Universal surprised by being a bit less conservative.

We'll see how it turns out this time around.

Of course, studio estimates for Saturday might change the whole picture. We'll know soon enough.

Going to be very close between Inside Out and JP4. I'm guessing Universal will be conservative again and Inside Out will be projected #1 this morning, but wouldn't be surprised if JP4 takes #1 with actuals.

I think so but just by a single hair this time lol

suspense will be killed next WE, that was fun:)

Guess the Novelty of Male strippers getting their own movie only goes so far.. It's either that or between the time of the last movie up to now, women have turned Gay and shit like this turns them off which would explain the abysmal box office... :ph34r: 

Your homophobia is not subtle. Deny it all you want, but it's true.

Now this year Marvel is being whopped again. Everyone thought AOU would be the winner of 2015, WW.

Well.....Universal has unleashed their 2 top dogs of this year. The Universal Combo!

_1422850013.gif

tumblr_nfo5joAwbv1tg96lho1_500.gif

giphy.gif

It is not completely ridiculous to say that Furious 7 & JW become two of the biggest movies of the year in the last 6 years solely because of those clips above.

Edited by zackzack

See, that's weird.  Why would you make a movie about male stripping and not have much stripping in it?

And I bet that is why it didn't do well. Most of my girlfriends saŵ the first one and liked it, but the universal comment was that they wanted less story and more nakedness. None of my friends went to that movie for its story.