#ED

Wednesday Actuals: IO - 5M, JW - 3.7M

COURAGE. NOW. TRUTH. ALWAYS. BATMAN. FOREVER.

The best thing about the Schumacher trailers is that they're narrated by Optimus freakin Prime.

Those trailers felt so awesome back then. I remember when I thought Forever was so cool, ah, youthful stupidity.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

Minions is a big brand it's a big brand everyone is familiar with Despicable Me or has at least heard of the movie. The critics don't affect box office there are many honorable mentions to see that the RT score is no problem(Transformers, Home, and many many others) don't affect it. Plus Universal has been doing well with big blockbuster movies this year(Jurassic World, Furious 7, Fifty Shades Of Grey, and Pitch Perfect 2). Plus Minions doesn't have any family completion unless Pixels gets a family audience.

Anyone who thinks the RT score is gonna affect Minions needs to look at Home.

You know what?  Home was actually a good movie. It really was and no one was more surprised than me.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 1

o/t but how laughably bad is this trailer

the script is soooooo cheesy and i'm not a batman forever hater.

I loved Batman Forever when I was 9  :ph34r:  On a side note, the Batman theme in Schumacher's films was pretty awesome.

Edited by Eddy Targaryen

For Minions, $40m-$45m won't guarantee the Animation OW record, but it'll come close for sure at the very least. Amazing that it'll double it's budget in its opening week.

Edited by Spaghetti

For Minions, $40m-$45m won't guarantee the Animation OW record, but it'll come close for sure at the very least. Amazing that it'll double it's budget in its opening week.

If will need at least $47.5M, unless Saturday amazes.

So now TG and MM are even in the numbers today? Would be quite funny if MM beat TG this weekend, despite TG grossing 15m more than it last weekend.

I have a feeling TG will end up beating it by 3-4 million this weekend still. But part of the reason why Magic Mike did so poorly last weekend. Was because it was a terrible weekend for that type of film. Groups of woman aren't going to be getting together July 3rd and 4th to see that. So Magic Mike XXL might have a pretty small drop this weekend.

Edited by gb0708