CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

If Minions makes 120 million OW, I see it making perhaps 360 or 375 million on a mere 3.0 multiple. But if cinemescore is anything to go by, maybe it hits 380 million? I don't think 400 million is possible due to competition..unless Ant Man flops (unlikely) and Pixels flops (maybe likely).

Thoughts?

• Like 1

If Minions makes 120 million OW, I see it making perhaps 360 or 375 million on a mere 3.0 multiple. But if cinemescore is anything to go by, maybe it hits 380 million? I don't think 400 million is possible due to competition..unless Ant Man flops (unlikely) and Pixels flops (maybe likely).

Thoughts?

It has an "A" cinemascore. Minions will be alright.

Oh my god. What ridiculous fudging. Best case scenario projection off of last night still put JW 400k short of that.

Lol so you really care that they fudged it by less than 1%? Really Gopher?

• Like 3

And you guys act like no one has ever fudged anything in the history of movies before. And plus you guys aren't taking into account the drive ins with double feature is where the gross goes to both movies.

• Like 3

Regarding animated spinoffs, Minions did more on it's OD than what Penguins did on it's OW. :o

Proving what a lot of people have been saying for quite some time, the Minions are the stars of the franchise - a Gru and the girls spinoff from Despicable Me will perform badly (while still making bank).

Yeah, MINIONS 75 M budget is amazing. It looked way better than some of DW's recent films.

It's a slight step up from their other films but unlike Pixar and WDAS, Illumination doesn't invest as much money into the animation.