WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

TDK was destined to be a massive Star wars style blockbuster regardless of what happened to one of the actors.

Joker (one of the most iconic villains of all time) + outstanding good word of mouth + Hugely popular origin film [rivaled only by LOTR trilogy as far as influence on 21st century cinema is concerned] to get the franchise rolling again.

TDK was destined to be a massive Star wars style blockbuster regardless of what happened to one of the actors.

Joker (one of the most iconic villains of all time) + outstanding good word of mouth + Hugely popular origin film [rivaled only by LOTR trilogy as far as influence on 21st century cinema is concerned] to get the franchise rolling again.

Please don't put Batman in the same sentence as LOTR, thx.

• Like 1

I think Ant-Man's opening is pretty good actually. People just get their expectations all out of whack. Besides, it should benefit from expanded overseas markets compared to Thor and Cap 1. Domestic around $170m and overseas around $330m for a nice $500m worldwide total.

• Like 3

3 great movies vs a good movie, an excellent movie, and a letdown. Yeah, I know who wins.

3 Great Movies :

Batman Begins

TDK

TDKR minus all the 'bad' stuff (including Talia death scene, JGL exposes Bruce, Back Punching Scene, Air-Whiffing)

vs

Good Movie - Two Towers

Excellent Movie - Fellowship of the Ring

Letdown- ROTK

Perfect! :ph34r:

• Like 3

3 Great Movies :

Batman Begins

TDK

TDKR minus all the 'bad' stuff (including Talia death scene, JGL exposes Bruce, Back Punching Scene, Air-Whiffing)

vs

Good Movie - Two Towers

Letdown- ROTK

FTFY. 

3 Great Movies :

Batman Begins

TDK

vs

Good Movie - Two Towers

Letdown- ROTK

This killed me every time I have seen the movie. And I only saw it twice.

3 Great Movies :

Batman Begins

TDK

vs

Good Movie - Two Towers

Letdown- ROTK

drevilriiiiight.gif