WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

The most satisfying part of JW was at the end when me and my friend looked at each other wide-eyed for like the first half minute of credits, and he says, 'well, that was shit.' A godawful film that ended with a great theater memory for me.

Anywho...

Ant-Man 15.2

Minions 14.6

Trainwreck 8.6

IO 3.7

JW 3.6

So if trends from the past couple of days hold, Ant-Man will probably end up with around 14.8 or so, and Minions with 14.7 when actuals are released. Ant-Man  will almost be overestimated by 1M.

So if trends from the past couple of days hold, Ant-Man will probably end up with around 14.8 or so, and Minions with 14.7 when actuals are released. Ant-Man will almost be overestimated by 1M.

I don't think it quite works like that. The more dailies I get of Ant-Man the more hourly comparisons I have, so now I can be conservative on AM based on what I'm seeing. No clue what happens Fri/Sat though so maybe you're right with the 1m overestimate.

I still don't get why I'm every poster/standee/promotional product for the movie, Sarah is ALWAYS holding a terminator skull.

Literally every single one!!

I just googled Terminator Genisys posters and you're right. :rofl:

"cus badass" I guess

• Like 1

The most satisfying part of JW was at the end when me and my friend looked at each other wide-eyed for like the first half minute of credits, and he says, 'well, that was shit.' A godawful film that ended with a great theater memory for me.

Anywho...

Ant-Man 15.2

Minions 14.6

Trainwreck 8.6

IO 3.7

JW 3.6

So Ant-Man and Minions went down by around 700k. Pretty expected.

IO and JW went up!

Interestingly IO has almost the same amount as TS3 did in its 5th weekend. TS3 made 52m after this point. If IO makes the same, it will finish with 358.5m! Though I am not sure IO can replicate the 26% drop TS3 got in its 6th weekend, but still 350m should happen.

The most satisfying part of JW was at the end when me and my friend looked at each other wide-eyed for like the first half minute of credits, and he says, 'well, that was shit.'

As the JW credits began, I turned to Mrs Tele and said, "I'm so sorry, we should've seen SPY instead."

• Like 4

As the JW credits began, I turned to Mrs Tele and said, "I'm so sorry, we should've seen SPY instead."

As a friend and I were leaving the theater one of the employees who'd come in to clean up asked us if it was the worst film ever.

It's not, but it is a film that gets worse the more I think about it. It's a tossup whether it or AoU is the worst this year, though.

worst film of the year was most definitely Jupiter Ascending. Might have the been the worst film EVER

Agreed.

However, put a Pixar logo at the beginning and the loonies would be considering it Oscar material. Or a Marvel logo and they'd be looking for different ways to spin it and call it a hit :lol:

• Like 1

worst film of the year was most definitely Jupiter Ascending. Might have the been the worst film EVER

Nah. JA's great. It's a hot mess of construction, but it's incredibly interesting. Even as it screws up (which, uh, happens a lot) it's still fascinating to see.

• Like 1

Jupiter Ascending Wachowskis Descending ended the careers of the Wachowski siblings, you won't be seeing them making a movie that costs more than 10 bucks again. 

Nuff said.

Lol dozens of pages of hate! The haters never miss an opportunity to give reality a spin. If someone based their opinions solely on this thread they'd assume AOU and JW ended up like Jupiter Ascending or Terminator Genisys as some of the worst received and most hated movies of all time.

Funny considering every showing of JW I've been to got an applause at the end at least throughout the month of June. Let me guess, JW, AOU and F7 are shit films because the GA liked them and obviously the GA are sheep who don't know a thing about movies and just move with the herd.

Im not a fan of AOU but it's certainly not a shit film - just not AS good as the original IMO, and as for JW...

56172569.jpg

• Like 2