Bishop54

Monday Actuals: Ant-Man $6.40M, Minions $5.78M, Trainwreck $3.54M, JW $1.37M

I'm sorry, but the general audience isn't considering Minions as a (spin-off). Heck, kids even call the first movies (Minions Movies). This movie has poor word of mouth and that WILL have an effect on the franchise going forward, no matter how much this profits. Don't forget to add to that 75million budget what could be the one of the most expensive marketing campaigns ever, aside from consumer product tie-ins.

• Like 1

It's pacing the same for 2nd Monday, but if it paced the same throughout its run, it would finish 15 million below DM2. DM2 had strong holds from here on out and I don't see Minions matching.

DM2 had more competition. Minions have virtually zero competition going forward. It will have decent hold even though WOM is not that great.

Minions may have had a low budget but add in the marketing campaign and it probably cost just as much as inside out to produce and distribute. Still, it will be a bigger success due to its worldwide tally but it is a brand so it's entirely expected.

I love it how numbers get released in instantly all the haters come out and just talked about how poorly a movie is doing and how much it's going to affect the next movie in the series. So typical so ridiculous and so wrong.

• Like 11