grim22

The Emoji Movie | Sony Pictures Animation | July 28 2017 | Reviews coming in, more entertaining to read those than watch the movie. Current consensus: " 🎥 ➡️ 💩💩💩💩"

12 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Could this be the first animated film to be nominated for Worst Picture at the razzies?

:qotd:

Something not even Norm of The North would do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

Yup having films animated outside of the U.S. tends to keep costs down, which is why everyone that isn't Disney / Pixar does it. It also tends to lead to more recycled / obvious weaker-looking animation though. 

I think the Illumination films look good as do WAG, Storks went for a more cartoony style and it worked in its favour and the Lego films look great as well considering they cost $60-80m

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nova said:

This is the worst movie I've ever seen. Not even an exaggeration. Literally the worst movie ever. How this even got a release date after Sony screened it within their studio, is beyond me. 

And the thing that makes it even more mind blowing is you look at the cast and wonder HOW did so many talented people get subjected to make such a horrendous movie. I've repeatedly said that I never wish for a movie to fail or whatever BUT this movie deserves no money. None. In fact, I actually want the time I wasted from my life added back to my life. 

What a worthless piece of shit this movie was. 

This settles it:  I'm gonna buy some tickets for The Emoji Movie at some point, I must know how bad it is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

This settles it:  I'm gonna buy some tickets for The Emoji Movie at some point, I must know how bad it is.

It's a solid 0/10 for me. 

Just remember the time you spend watching this movie, is time you'll never ever get back. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

1.7/10 average rating overall and 0.8/10 from Top Critics. That must be pretty close to the worst ever for a major studio movie. 

You know how BOT investigates a critic who gives a movie they like a rotten score? 

Well we must investigate those critics who even gave this movie anything above a 0. 

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

You know how BOT investigates a critic who gives a movie they like a rotten score? 

Well we must investigate those critics who even gave this movie anything above a 0. 

Mendelson from Forbes gave it 5/10 :qotd:

Holy shit, this looks like it could have worse reviews then Norm of The North. I did not see that coming.

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

I think the Illumination films look good as do WAG, Storks went for a more cartoony style and it worked in its favour and the Lego films look great as well considering they cost $60-80m

Illumination films generally look good, but if you watch their films more then twice, you can see their budget limitations. They tend to reuse designs from time to time. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Holy shit, this looks like it could have worse reviews then Norm of The North. I did not see that coming.

Illumination films generally look good, but if you watch them more then twice, you can see their budget limitations. They tend to reuse designs from time to time. 

The worse thing is that it's from a major animation studio as well, I know SPA isn't WDAS, Pixar or Illumination but they need to do better.

Illumination seem to have very similar human models, given how successful they are, it wouldn't kill them to spend a bit more.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The worse thing is that it's from a major animation studio as well, I know SPA isn't WDAS, Pixar or Illumination but they need to do better.

Illumination seem to have very similar human models, given how successful they are, it wouldn't kill them to spend a bit more.

SPA is just trying to throw at anything at the wall at this point and seeing what sticks.

I'd say in general those animation companies don't want to take risks when it comes to spending more, so they do sorta cheapen their films. It's why I have the upmost respect for Disney Animation / Pixar, even their lesser films have very detailed backgrounds / character development. All that money they spend is clearly on the screen. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

SPA is just trying to throw at anything at the wall at this point and seeing what sticks.

I'd say in general those animation companies don't want to take risks when it comes to spending more, so they do sorta cheapen their films. It's why I have the upmost respect for Disney Animation / Pixar, even their lesser films have very detailed backgrounds / character development. All that money they spend is clearly on the screen. 

Dreamworks Animation  until Dragon 2 and the Rihanna movie had some incredible visuals too.

• Like 1