grim22

Cruddy Weekend Estimates: A-M 24.77m, Pix 24m, Minions 22m, Trainwreck 17.2m, Southpaw 16.5m, PT 12.5m,

Of course with MARVEL Counteracting with CIVIL WAR and INFINITY WAR Part 1 and 2 and knocking the others down a notch as well.. The fact that it took 3 years for a movie to come along and knock it down a notch speaks volumes..

You truly think Civil War is going to enter the all-time domestic top ten? I honestly doubt it. Heck, after AOU's performance, I doubt that even IW will do it.

Minions success OS isn't surprising, films with cute funny characters tend to do very well OS like Ice Age, Madagascar etc sometimes they do flop like The Lorax and Hop for example although The Lorax's failed OS was partly due to Dr Seuss not being as well known OS and also Universal staggering the release date in many places. The Lego Movie for example while a huge hit domestically didn't fare as well OS it was the English speaking countries like UK and Australia and Home also didn't that well OS with the exception of a few markets 

Given some of the comments I've read on here over the weekend, I'm surprised no one has started a WWW thread for Marvel. It would be weird sure, but I'd like to see the detailed posts explaining why exactly a studio that keeps making large profits on well liked movies is apparently in trouble.

Edited by Caesar
  • Like 2

Given some of the comments I've read on here over the weekend, I'm surprised no one has started a WWW thread for Marvel. It would be weird sure, but I'd like to see the detailed posts explaining why exactly a studio that keeps making large profits on well like movies is apparently in trouble.

Is it in trouble?

You truly think Civil War is going to enter the all-time domestic top ten? I honestly doubt it. Heck, after AOU's performance, I doubt that even IW will do it.

As long as RDJ is in them, they have a chance.  Renaming it to Iron Man: Civil War would increase the odds.

i feel like the forum reaction to box office numbers is basically this good or bad 

My-whole-brian-is-crying.gif

but outside that room the movie world is pretty normal with normal goals and expectations

Edited by Antsy for RDJ Tony Stark
  • Like 2

Marvel is in trouble, didn't you hear? Their last movie was only a solid hit, not a mega blockbuster, clearly showing the public's growing hatred of Marvel and the the superhero genre.

I hope you're being sarcastic

Wow a lot of word that I'm hearing on PT is negative...

"Well it's a really good movie but I hate it!"

"Why...?"

"They left out so many good scenes! (insert obselete unimportant line of dialogue from the book)"

God, teenagers are worse than comic book fanboys when it comes to this kind of stuff.

• Like 1

give the people what they want , even if its a line can be the difference between good wom or not , teens spend a crazy amount of time on something when they really like it so don't sneeze at them if that line has more meaning to them than you 

Wow a lot of word that I'm hearing on PT is negative...

"Well it's a really good movie but I hate it!"

"Why...?"

"They left out so many good scenes! (insert obselete unimportant line of dialogue from the book)"

God, teenagers are worse than comic book fanboys when it comes to this kind of stuff.

I remember that with The Hunger Games. It's a movie they have to put certain things in and certain things out because of budget constraints, and plus they go scene repeating all of the dialogue and scenes from the book because they will be accused of plagiarism and a possible lawsuit from the author.
  • Like 1

still though.  there's a VERY real chance this closer under 30 million.  Maybe in the end the studio will break even with ancillary streams but truly a nightmare scenario for the Green team.

Even if it barely makes 30m,  overseas numbers will ensure that it goes into black. 

Will IO reach 350? Needs a 5x multiplier from this weekend to do it. TS3 did a 5x and IO is showing no real signs of slowing down.

It should be doable. Its tracking 47% above Brave. It follows that trajectory, its final gross will be at $349.8M. Keep in mind Brave had worse WOM.