grim22

Cruddy Weekend Estimates: A-M 24.77m, Pix 24m, Minions 22m, Trainwreck 17.2m, Southpaw 16.5m, PT 12.5m,

still with P&A costs it still could be a dud.

I still think this could do half of what TFIOS did OS. Couple that with a 45M DOM total and this will surely make its money back.

I still think this could do half of what TFIOS did OS. Couple that with a 45M DOM total and this will surely make its money back.

it will maybe break even or be a modest success Edited by Maxmoser3

So. Trainwreck is going to be bigger than Pixels.

How about that.

Not really that surprised. I was expecting 75m max for Pixels after looking at promos and going by Sandler's recent bo.

When early Fri was hinting at a 30m weekend, 90m dom seemed likely. I think 3x is possible because comedies (non-sequels) have good legs usually. So this could get 75m.

Minions now holds the record of being the biggest animated Turd, being the first major animation to drop over 80% in its third weekend from its opening weekend.

It will do around 33M week.

If it has 40% weekly drops from here, it will finish with around 322M. Considering the weekdays will start getting weak in a couple of weeks, even that is pretty optimistic, I'd say.

Edited by Fake

And Ant-Man literally has a train scene in it, go figure (not trying to say Ant-Man is a flop, just pointing that out).

I'm seeing Ant-Man today. Wasn't excited for it at first, but some of your reviews made me at least curious.

Oh, and shit numbers. Bring on M:I 5 already.

Amazing numbers for Paper Towns. I am happy mainly because Ethan hated one of the best movies of the year and he keeps showing he has no decent taste :lol:

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 3

I guess Paper Towns never looked all that appealing to me and it has a cast of nobodies. There was no real reason to get excited about it.