grim22

Cruddy Weekend Estimates: A-M 24.77m, Pix 24m, Minions 22m, Trainwreck 17.2m, Southpaw 16.5m, PT 12.5m,

Billy Madison is a film like Dumb and Dumber. If you saw it as a kid, you'll love it no matter what. Nowadays, if you can stand silly, stupid humor, it's worth a watch. But otherwise, I'd advise caution.

Wrong. I saw it as a kid and hated it.

Billy Madison is a film like Dumb and Dumber. If you saw it as a kid, you'll love it no matter what. Nowadays, if you can stand silly, stupid humor, it's worth a watch. But otherwise, I'd advise caution.

That's how I feel about that movie Borat.

If you didn't watch it in 2006, there's absolutely no need to ever watch it.

• Like 4

I've never seen Billy Madison. A lot of people seem to be nostalgic for it, but after the clips I've seen I'm not really tempted to give a it a go.

Other than the pervy maid, the bus driver with the Amish beard and the line 'if peeing your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis' :D Billy Madison is a pure guilty pleasure.

It also helps that Sandlers shtick was fresh in 1995. If he released it today, it would be treated like Grown Ups 2 lol

it's the last major kid friendly film of the summer.

It'll probably get to 75m-80m solely due to Shaun/Underdogs being it's only competition until late September

I don't know if it was Netflix UK or US, but if Underdogs is that cartoon Football movie, its already on Netflix.

Other than the pervy maid, the bus driver with the Amish beard and the line 'if peeing your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis' :D Billy Madison is a pure guilty pleasure.

It also helps that Sandlers shtick was fresh in 1995. If he released it today, it would be treated like Grown Ups 2 lol

I think that's the problem. Apart from Punch Drunk Love I've only known Sandler to be a hack, so I can't really watch that movie with fresh eyes.

Edited by Hatebox

Critics are snobs. Yep i said it. They have a hard time enjoying slap stick movies. Unless you have adult themed problem in a Comedy Critics cannot enjoy it. That's why they hate Adam Sandler movies because they forget why they started liking you in the first place. That's my boy and Jack and Jill are too horrible movies. But most of the other films he released before that we're good fun. Big Daddy Mr deeds grown ups just go with it waterboy and so on are all fun and very funny movies

IMO Anger Management is one of his underrated gems. Every time I see that movie I'm crying of laughter, mostly because Jack Nicholson is just hysterical.

• Like 2