Gopher

Monday #s NOTHING IS CRUMBLING OKAY

IO is down 28.6% Monday-to-Monday and dropped 50.5% from Sunday if numbers hold. Very fantastic!!! I hope it gets a sub-30% drop this weekend.

It will.

MI5 is tracking at $40 million

Vacation is tracking at low-mid 30s for the 5 day (high teens-low 20s for the weekend)

Everything else will be $15 million or less. 

Both openers target adults only. IO should be able to pull off a 20-25% drop fairly easily. 

Edited by mahnamahna

I think $350m is definitely happening for IO. It'll be past $330m by the end of this weekend, and it's easily going to pass $340m by the time UNCLE/Compton open.

Yeah, 360m is the target now. If this indeed drops just around 25% or even less this weekend, that may start appearing possible too. 

Edited by Infernus

350 is definately starting to look like it is in play for IO, 360 is still a stretch.

if you take a very conservative take on its remaining run (80% of Toy Story 3) that would put it at 349.

A more aggressive line like 10% over DM2 remaining run - which is what it is basically doing now would put it at 353.

Interestingly, it could end up grossing more DOM then both American Sniper and Furious 7 - wouldn't have guessed that a few months ago.

Yeah, 360m is the target now. If this indeed drops just around 25% or even less this weekend, that may start appearing possible too. 

If it follows its typical weekdays/weekends, it should end up with $5.5-6 million this weekend, especially since MI5 and Vacation don't have appeal with families like JW, Minions, Ant-Man or Pixels do/did. If IO can hold well against all of that competition, I don't see how it doesn't hold phenomenally against mild competition. 

The last 3 weekends, there's been competition for IO to compete with and it's managed 42%, 36% and 34% against all three. This is its first non-holiday weekend without any competition for families. I doubt it would have a bigger drop than last weekend, even if it loses 200-300 more theaters (could be 100-150 since MI5/Vacation don't seem super-huge) 

So sub-30% drop is almost a lock, going by a $1.4-1.6 million Tuesday, and $2-2.1 million over Wed/Thurs. Definitely less than 35% - it might even start having sub-30% drops until after Labor Day since Shaun and Underdogs could very well have sub-$10 million OWs. And Pixels/Minions will have mostly died off by August 7th (sub-$10 million weekends) 

The BO as a whole is extremely top-heavy though. It is sad that we'll likely only see four $200 million+ DOM grossers this summer unless MI5 or F4 explode at the BO.  :( only 10 $200 million+ DOM grossers for the year would be slightly disappointing considering how hyped 2015's BO was. 

Edited by mahnamahna

IO definitely has at shot at 360. Not a lock but a very good shot if it keeps,these drops up.

Just to show you what Minions is up against trying to maintain against IO, Minions had it best drop of 46%. IO's 3rd Monday drop was 28%.

After Minions 1st Thursday it was overal tracking almost 35 million ahead of IO. After this weekend, just 2 weeks, it could be down to between 5-7. That under 50% drop for Minions is an encouraging sign that it's middle and late legs aren't going to completely collapse.

For now, $350M is a lock for IO. It's 47% above Brave's trajectory. If it follows that path, it will be at $349.7M. Brave's WOM was not even as good as IO. I'd say low to mid 350s is my prediction but $360M is in play especially if it holds fantastically for the rest of the summer.

Edited by BEEJAYGRAD11

For now, $350M is a lock for IO. It's 47% above Brave's trajectory. If it follows that path, it will be at $349.7M. Brave's WOM was not even as good as IO. I'd say low to mid 350s is my prediction but $360M is in play especially if it holds fantastically for the rest of the summer.

Best-case for IO: 

$6 million ($331 million) 

$4.5 million ($339 million) 

$3 million ($344 million) 

$2.5 million ($347 million) 

$2 million ($349 million) 

$2.75 million/$3.5 million ($353 million) 

$1.5 million ($355 million) 

$1 million ($356 million)

$0.5 million ($357 million)

$2-3 million from dollar-theater run ($359-360 million) 

That's really a best-case scenario, though. $353-355 million is my more conservative guess unless it has sub-25% drops until post-Labor Day. 

Edited by mahnamahna
  • Like 1

350 is definately starting to look like it is in play for IO, 360 is still a stretch.

if you take a very conservative take on its remaining run (80% of Toy Story 3) that would put it at 349.

A more aggressive line like 10% over DM2 remaining run - which is what it is basically doing now would put it at 353.

Interestingly, it could end up grossing more DOM then both American Sniper and Furious 7 - wouldn't have guessed that a few months ago.

That's true.

IO could go over F7. AoU and JW have, SW will.

MJ2 should go over too.

So that puts F7 at #6.

Also it means top 6 of 2015 would all be above the biggest grosser of 2014 (Sniper).

EDIT: I FORGOT ABOUT JW...GOD. DON'T BAN ME.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 3

That's true.

IO could go over F7. AoU has, SW will.

MJ2 should go over too.

So that puts F7 at #5.

Also it means top 5 of 2015 would all be above the biggest grosser of 2014 (Sniper).

Furious 7 might not even make the top 5. since it seems like you errr forgot a movie there.

• Like 5

Furious 7 might not even make the top 5. since it seems like you errr forgot a movie there.

My heart skipped a beat when I realized it.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 2

That's true.

MJ2 should go over too.

So that puts F7 at #6.

Also it means top 6 of 2015 would all be above the biggest grosser of 2014 (Sniper).

Too late for that. Bye. 

• Like 5

Monday to Monday drop for Ant-Man is very good. It could have a good hold this weekend especially if MI5 does not break out big.

Agreed.

I hope that A-M has a solid 3rd weekend in spite of MI:5 which I do hope breaks out. 

I just re-watched the first one Netflix streaming....wow, does Tom look young!!

That's true.

MJ2 should go over too.

So that puts F7 at #6.

In before some smartass comment saying "you forgot JW because it's obviously a very forgettable movie"  :rolleyes:

:lol:

• Like 2