Asyulus

Official Weekend Estimates |MI5 - 56M; Vacation - 14.9M; Ant-Man - 12.6M; Minions - 12.2M; Pixels - 10.4M; Trainwreck - 9.7M| Pg58

The son was the worst. It pissed me off so much he returned alive at the end. :angry:

Your opinion is in line with anyone else I've heard complaining about Cruise's kids in that movie. I've never heard anybody single out Dakota as the worse of the two before, I always thought the prevailing opinion was that Dakota was fine and the son was awful.

That is one of the most out-of-left-field character resurrections I can think of. Jaws: The Revenge is the only non-kids/animated movie I can remotely compare it to (and even that wasn't actually in the American theatrical cut).

Edited by TServo2049

Your opinion is in line with anyone else I've heard complaining about Cruise's kids in that movie. I've never heard anybody single out Dakota as the worse of the two before, I always thought the prevailing opinion was that Dakota was fine and the son was awful.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1

Serious question here:  If AM opened with 57m and has a projected domestic total 150-175, why would MI5, which is estimated to open with 1m less, have a projected total upwards of 200m?

About 62% of the audience was male, and 81% was 25 or older.

The older audience tends to not go at OW to a higher percentage than the younger audience. The older... a few other behaviour details combined with good reviews tends to spread the results a bit more than with movies aimed at families too

Not sure about the 'upwards' of...

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

Glad to see some love for WotW. So many good sequences and nice metaphors from Spielberg. We follow Cruise and the daughter all way through, so it's no bother to me that the brother was alive. He just played an annoying teen quite realistic if you ask me. Spielberg said that he wanted a happy ending for the family to be different from Clouse Encounters. I love how the military involvement is minimal and we don't know what the hell is going on elsewhere. Again, realistic. No international togetherness or Presidential heroics.

Ethan is gonna report back that he wasn't fond of the movie but the kid from Shameless was his favorite character

I can't get over how disproportionate his head seems to his body.

Also, the fact that he was Goku

Edited by MrPink

How are their endings any way similar? :blink:

Basically if the ending is real or fake...

After TC is placed in the statis like thing, there's a comment that visions, dreams and other stuff may come to him while in the stasis...so the fact that it all ends happily ever after is kind of up in the air in my view...not to mention how his ex-wife magically goes through all that to rescue him...seems almost like TC is dreaming of how it should play out...

• Like 1

Imagine how horrible Minority Report would have been if the son had randomly showed up alive at the end. :rofl:

Uh, there are plenty of people that hate the happy ending of Minority Report. 

My best friend swears it should have ended with Anderton being locked up.  That's a bit too much for my taste.

I could have done without the epilogue, but I was OK with the villain being caught. Should have left it mostly at that for Minority Report

Ethan strikes me as the guy who hasn't watched Top Gun but randomly watched Lion for Lambs just because he saw Andrew Garfield was in it along with the Cruise Missile.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 4