CJohn

Bad Boys: Ride or Die | June 7, 2024

8 minutes ago, PrinceRico said:

Seems like Dumb fun again. Another A Cinamascore like the first 3.

Problem I have is that it seems like "Dumb Fun" is driving everything else out of the theaters.

Hoping this is as much of a smash as possible to remind everyone what a star Will Smith is and so that he can officially put the Oscars debacle behind him completely (this being the first project he's made since that ceremony).

• Like 3

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

Hoping this is as much of a smash as possible to remind everyone what a star Will Smith is and so that he can officially put the Oscars debacle behind him completely (this being the first project he's made since that ceremony).

Will Smith in 2000s was as big a star as we have seen recently. He took movies like Pursuit of Happiness, Hitch, I am Legend and Hancock to super success. I dont think any of them are that good a movie either. It just sold on Smith's star power. 

I hope he makes a come back as well. Anything above 50m OW is a huge win. 

I thought there was a chance this could hit $75 million for the opening weekend due to the massive success of the last one and the astonishingly empty marketplace but it looks like that's not going to happen. That was just my own inflated guess/expectation and not any kind of bar for success though. Hopefully it clears 50 and challenges 60, especially if it really ramps up this week. I'd be happy with that.

Long time lurker, first time poster by the way. Figured it was time.

• Like 1

Certified Fresh.  

Critics Consensus

Will Smith and Martin Lawrence remain good company even when Bad Boys strains to up the ante, proving there's still life left in this high-octane franchise.

Critics have never "Loved" this Franchise mostly because they loathe Michael Bay.   But Audiences have always given Bad Boys high scores.   "Bad Boys" and "Bad Boys II" got trashed by critics but audiences like them.  "Bad Boys For Life" got the best critical reviews of the Franchise.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, filmscholar said:

Certified Fresh.  

Critics Consensus

Will Smith and Martin Lawrence remain good company even when Bad Boys strains to up the ante, proving there's still life left in this high-octane franchise.

Critics have never "Loved" this Franchise mostly because they loathe Michael Bay.   But Audiences have always given Bad Boys high scores.   "Bad Boys" and "Bad Boys II" got trashed by critics but audiences like them.  "Bad Boys For Life" got the best critical reviews of the Franchise.  

Not sure how it works, Did RT lower their certified score to just 68-69%?

8 hours ago, filmscholar said:

Certified Fresh.  

Critics Consensus

Yup all 3 films have an A cinemascore.

Smith needs to go on SNL and do skit of himself slapping everyone in the cast. At this point just milk Slapgate for all his worth to promote Bad Boys. Let audience know he can poke fun of himself.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

just got back from an early screening and this movie is a huge crowd-pleaser. The crowd I was with absolutely ate it up, and a couple of scenes actually got applause breaks, and there was applause at the end. I think legs will be strong for this. 

Edited by Skim Beeble
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Smith needs to go on SNL and do skit of himself slapping everyone in the cast. At this point just milk Slapgate for all his worth to promote Bad Boys. Let audience know he can poke fun of himself.

Or have Chris slap him. That would be more fitting.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Skim Beeble said:

just got back from an early screening and this movie is a huge crowd-pleaser. The crowd I was with absolutely ate it up, and a couple of scenes actually got applause breaks, and there was applause at the end. I think legs will be very strong for this. 

I went last night too.   I was going to buy tickets for Today but I saw a "Sneak Peak" one showing at AMC Dolby at 7PM Wednesday Night.  That was the only show so I just brought tickets. It was completely sold out.  Guys the movie was fantastic.  There were so many claps and cheers, I had a wonderful time at the Theater last night.   Reminded me of the Summers of old.  The WOM is going to be so good for this. It got a ovation at the end of the movie like you said.  There was also one particular scene that brought the house down.  There was also a Will and Martin scene that had the audience laughing really hard.   Martin Lawrence was really laugh out loud funny.   I thought Will did a great job.  The Action was really good too.   

It kinda started a little slow but by the 2nd Act to the Climax it was a rollercoaster ride.    I liked it better than "Bad Boys For Life".  I thought Adil and Bilall really did a great job with their direction.  I'm not shocked they are getting "Spider-Man 4" Rumors.   Michael Bay would be so proud because this one really brought out that "Bayham" Vibe.   Reminded me of "Bad Boys II".    I was surprised by how much I liked the story.  There was like 10 Story arcs all intersecting in this movie and it all came together in the end.   General Audiences are going to eat this up.  I also think Walks-Ups are going to be really good.  Expect a lot of sellouts on Friday.    

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

I doubt the GA still cares about that like us chronically online people lol. Every time I got the trailer for this before Furiosa people cheered when Will said something funny.

23 minutes ago, Mad Max007 said:

I doubt the GA still cares about that like us chronically online people lol. Every time I got the trailer for this before Furiosa people cheered when Will said something funny.

Honestly I do not think they ever really did. Maybe for a few weeks at the most. They probably moved on to the next scandal or story pretty quickly.

• Like 1