kayumanggi

THE SHALLOWS | 06.24.16 | Sony | final domestic gross: $55,124,043

4 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Jaume Collet Serra is a great fillmaker IMO.

I enjoy his whole body of work.

I wouldn't say great but he's very reliable. 

I hope the reviews are good and I hope it overperforms and pulls like $17M this weekend. 

• Like 1

Apparently there is an embargo on the reviews and on social media, obviously. Im shocked anyone has actually followed through with it. Although there's quite a few critics who are being cryptic with their tweets and it's somewhat funny to try and get a feel for how they felt about the film. 

Edited by Nova

Of course it'll get mixed reviews. It's a movie about a shark attack. If Pixar made this it would get unanimous praise. Fuck critics anyeay. If it scares me then it's a good movie

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Of course it'll get mixed reviews. It's a movie about a shark attack. If Pixar made this it would get unanimous praise. Fuck critics anyeay. If it scares me then it's a good movie

:redcapes: Looking forward to this though. Probably will use my free birthday ticket at Alamo Drafthouse on this.

The embargo lifts tomorrow morning at 6AM pacific time. A friend of mine who went to the NY screening said that SONY probably did that because it felt like it was going to get crapped on. However based on his conversations with some of the more prominent critics, they really liked it. 

He overall liked the film and said it was fun and entertaining. He said Blake Lively gives a her most impressive performance to date. 

• Like 2