Asyulus

Not So Fantastic Weekend Thread | MI5 29.4, F4 26.2, Gift 12, Ricki 7, Shaun 4, Vac 9, AM 7.8

Saw THE GIFT. Solid thriller, more psychological than shocking or scary, though there are a couple of good jump scares. Nice showcase for Rebecca Hall. Critics may have overrated it a tad. But it's nice to see it doing well. 

Yea I loved it - definitely not a horror film.

I thought Jason Bateman was extremely good and Joel nailed it.

Jokes aside, I've never seen a superhero tentpole this reviled by critics and audiences before.

It's rare to see a movie that's practically hated by everybody.

Even the Green Lanterns of the world have some poor souls defending them as films

With this one the defense is, at best, "it coulda been good under different circumstances"

• Like 1

Fox certainly don't need Disney's help but I'm pretty sure there will serious discussions as to exactly how much FF really means to them.

The movie has been disaster on every level and I'm not sure if Fox has any ideas or reasons to want to do anything with the property.

• Like 1

They probably moved Underdogs because Shaun the Sheep bombed so badly.

Then again, who really thought Shaun would do well.

They should release Underdogs because it won't do any better anywhere else and they've already spent all the money advertising it.

Fox certainly don't need Disney's help but I'm pretty sure there will serious discussions as to exactly how much FF really means to them.

The movie has been disaster on every level and I'm not sure if Fox has any ideas or reasons to want to do anything with the property.

Make the movie, forget about the franchise.

Once you have a great movie, the franchise 

will build itself.

Agree?

Even the Green Lanterns of the world have some poor souls defending them as films

With this one the defense is, at best, "it coulda been good under different circumstances"

It doesn't even have the LOL factor like Batman & Robin or Spidey 3. Seems it's just a dull movie. The worst thing you can do with a movie is bore the audience and that seems to have happened here. Saw a comment on a college football forum very similar to Baumer's review, basically that nothing happens in the movie until the last few minutes.

• Like 1

It doesn't even have the LOL factor like Batman & Robin or Spidey 3. Seems it's just a dull movie. The worst thing you can do with a movie is bore the audience and that seems to have happened here. Saw a comment on a college football forum very similar to Baumer's review, basically that nothing happens in the movie until the last few minutes.

Also apparently the last five minutes (aka the only action scene) was done entirely in reshoots and is an atrocity

They probably moved Underdogs because Shaun the Sheep bombed so badly.

Then again, who really thought Shaun would do well.

They should release Underdogs because it won't do any better anywhere else and they've already spent all the money advertising it.

I've known for a while they weren't going to release it-- I guess Weinstein's had too much on its plate the past couple weeks (losing their head staff and all) that they plain dumb forgot they still had it dated. Should do well enough for them on home video though.

• Like 1