Gopher

Monday #s

JW, AOU and F7 did the best this summer season...

Furious 7 didn't do the bulk of its domestic business in summer (always the first weekend of May), and as mighty as AoU's first weekend was, it pales in comparison to the powerhouse of mid-June. First JW smashes the OW record, and then smashes the second weekend record while IO smashes three separate, unique box office records on its own. 

And then Ted 2 comes along and stinks up the place. Sad.

No need to know its actual number or its estimate, it's surpassing the mark on Wednesday.

I still see it as an interesting number, in case it behaves slightly other than expected (see the rather differeing Monday's of the other MCU movies at that day-in-release), e.g. as the ~ competition is partly rather weak... can help, can also lessen the interest to even go a cinema, see last year a few weeks other into the year (articles about the statement the cinema owner's thoughts)

= I don't believe in being 100% sure before the datas are accessable, I do also believe in the possibilty of the unexpected.

Schools have started though. 

The vast majority of school districts in the US start around Labor Day (1st day after or a week or two prior).  Thus most kids are still out of school for another few weeks.

Considering what it opened to??? I think the reaction is warranted.. When was the last time something opened so poorly like this did???

What it opens to has nothing to do with how much or how little it will drop.  GOTG dropped 10% on it's first Monday and TMNT dropped exactly the same.  But once again, this site likes to deal in extremes.  

It's not a horrible drop.

It's not going to drop 80%

It'll probably come close to 70%, but more than likely it will drop in the mid 60's.

Did PP2 really do anything worth writing home about??? That seems like it's fallen off the face of the world and don't hear a peep about that movie..

pitchperfect2_poster_sm.jpg
Pitch Perfect 2 Uni. $183,785,415 3,660 $69,216,890 3,473 5/15/2015 Images
pitchperfect_poster_sm.jpg
Pitch Perfect Uni. $65,001,093 2,787 $5,149,433 335 9/28/2012 Images

I'd say that's worth writing home about.

• Like 9

Arent you guys over reacting just a little? 63% drop isn't horrible.

Added to how front loaded it was over the weekend, it's 32% drop on Sunday and for a movie that's skewed younger it's bad. 

It's first Monday is less than 1/3rd of Ant-Man's after doing about 45% for the w/e.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

Added to how front loaded it was over the weekend, it's 32% drop on Sunday and for a movie that's skewed younger it's bad. 

It's first Monday is less than 1/3rd of Ant-Man's after doing about 45% for the w/e.

lol, but schools in now.  Of course it's going to be less than Ant-man's.

July 2015 was 46% bigger than July 2014 here. My God, what the hell is happening. It is like if people woke up from a deep sleep.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

Portugal movie goers heard you constantly ragging on them, woke up and bought a ticket.

2015 has such a giant advantage over 2014 at this point, it is not even a competition anymore. August will continue the dominance. September and October are wild cards but November and December are gonna be big as well.