CJohn

Official Weekend Estimates: Straigth Outta Compton - 56.1M; The Man From UNCLE - 13.5M; MI5 - 17.3M; Fantastic Four - 8M

We moving away from the Big Six to THE TWO and then a bunch of small to big distributors.

I mean, the highest non-Disney/Uni film this summer will come in seventh (MI5).

I hope you're talking about this Summer/year and not making a general speech about the future of the industry (that would be one of the dumbest I've ever heard of)

• Like 1

Friday Update #2: According to early reports, here's how the weekend looks to be shaping up:

Straight Outta Compton: $50 million-$52 million

Man from U.N.C.L.E: $14 million-$16 million

This just went up

http://pro.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2015-08-14-north-america-thursday-night-report-straight-outta-compton-bows-to-excellent-496m-the-man-from-uncle-captures-900k

Yeah, that's not happening. Question is how far below 10 it goes. 7?

It is sinking over here and this is one of the few places where it was actually a hit on OW. WOM is legendary toxic.  

Lmao, 7M for a movie on 4004 theaters.

It is sinking over here and this is one of the few places where it was actually a hit on OW. WOM is legendary toxic.  

Lmao, 7M for a movie on 4004 theaters.

It's sinking everywhere  Screendaily had it's O/S weekdays at $5.4m --- off a $33.2m w/e in the summer.

• Like 2

Cavill is going to suffer the problem that all actors who play Superman do. Once you get the role, people will only see you as that character.

I'm sure he's not complaining though. If I were offered a healthy sum for a major franchise, I'd accept it too.

That's not the problem. The problem is people go to see superman because of the character and no one gives a rats ass who plays him so long as he's tall built and has a superhero face. The character itself isn't interesting enough to give who ever plays him a chance for the audience to fall in love with him in todays market.