CJohn

Official Weekend Estimates: Straigth Outta Compton - 56.1M; The Man From UNCLE - 13.5M; MI5 - 17.3M; Fantastic Four - 8M

I am sure The Gunman and that Vaughn comedy also had pretty crazy theater drops on week 3. 

#3 #mortdecai lost 2395

#7 Black Hat lost 2332

#12 Unfinished Business (Vaughn comedy) lost 2180

#22 HTTM2 lost 2001

#36 Seventh Son lost 1855

#41 Entourage lost 1804

#44 Gunman lost 1789

#47 Paper Towns lost 1747

#49 Self/Less lost 1745

Tons of top 50ers this year. Big year

• Like 5

#3 #mortdecai lost 2395

#7 Black Hat lost 2332

#12 Unfinished Business (Vaughn comedy) lost 2180

#22 HTTM2 lost 2001

#36 Seventh Son lost 1855

#41 Entourage lost 1804

#44 Gunman lost 1789

#47 Paper Towns lost 1747

#49 Self/Less lost 1745

Tons of top 50ers this year. Big year

Johnny Depp was close to get dat record. Ryan Reynolds showing up as well lmao. Dat Unfinished Business bombage was like blue balls for Vaughn's heart. 

Edited by CJohn

Not to be a downer, but is it possible for SOC to do something like 20 mill Friday, but then be so front loaded that it only does something like 45 mill?

I've read deeper estimates as a minimum, so I'd say yes, it's also possible

It's worth noting that album sales don't reflect the impact of the group or the interest in their story.  NWA existed for 5 years, but changed music significantly.  They are the seed that West Coast rap music sprouted from.  They are to hip hop and rap as the Sex Pistols are to punk.

That's the first band mentioned in this thread I even know the name (and even their music to a degree)

FANTASTIC FOUR IS OVER 4000 THEATERS BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HOLY FUCKING SHIT MEGA LOL. 

I really am confused how an expansion could have happened....

Aw yeah. Here we go

Gonna be fun to see this break out huge. Certain people were saying 20M OW like a week ago  :lol:

Only downside is the cringeworthy thinkpieces that are being written up right now

I am reading one right now from the Atlantic about hip-hop's current avoidance of addressing social issues. 

Rolled my eyes at that part of the article. I'm guessing he never watched midnight previews? RoTK getting out after way after 3AM.

I understand his formulations as a bit of truth / his POV told in an intentionally exaggerated way

Next month looks more exciting to me anyway.

Well there wont be another F4 for a while-it be a mistake to make another one even if Marvel does it-remember that people will still have this one around and it be too soon like Hulk/Incredible Hulk.

All the studios are having a pretty good year outside of Sony and Paramount (which Paramount has had a decent year at least-but not as good as the other ones)

Anyway-not sure what I will see next.

• Like 1

I don't think Straight Outta Compton is going to be that front loaded at all. If audience eat that shit up and WOM is good I bet there is a ton of walk up business and a lot of people who don't even like the music show up. It is kind of an epic.

Does anyone know what happened to Tom at the Farm?

Edited by TStechnij
  • Like 1