CJohn

Official Weekend Estimates: Straigth Outta Compton - 56.1M; The Man From UNCLE - 13.5M; MI5 - 17.3M; Fantastic Four - 8M

If there weren't so many screens in the area I doubt Compton would have come. The local theater chain only put it on one screen and I wouldn't be surprised if it only lasts a month (the average movie lasts 7 weeks here).

Where in Florida are you? I saw it last night in Orlando, and it was playing everywhere with multiple showings. 

Vin Diesel Announces FAST & FURIOUS 7 Will Arrive on July 11, 2014

http://collider.com/fast-furious-7-release-date/

Furious 7

Domestic Total as of Jun. 18, 2015:$351,032,910
Distributor: Universal Release Date: April 3, 2015
Genre: Action Runtime: 2 hrs. 17 min.
MPAA Rating: PG-13 Production Budget: $190 million
  • Like 1

A movie that focused on Left Eye and Left Eye alone, could be something. Have the other two be supporting characters.

this I agree with. Because the others while yeah they are known it's just that they are not as interesting Chili and T-Boz are just there when it to comes to events and what goes on.
  • Like 1

The Freddie Mercury biopic that Ben Whishaw is attached to is one I want to see happen as well as Rocket Man which is Tom Hardy playing Elton John. 

What ever happened with Rocket Man? I know the members of Queen are torn on how adult the Freddie Mercury movie should be.

Not to be a downer, but is it possible for SOC to do something like 20 mill Friday, but then be so front loaded that it only does something like 45 mill?

Everything is a possibility, but I would doubt it though since this thing is getting a pretty good buzz & reviews.

Not to be a downer, but is it possible for SOC to do something like 20 mill Friday, but then be so front loaded that it only does something like 45 mill?

The only real precedent we have for a rap biography opening big is from 8 Mile and Notorious, both of which did roughly 40% of their weekend business on opening day.  I don't see any midnight/preview numbers available for those two.

If SOC does $20 million plus today, I think a $50 million plus weekend is a lock.

Shame about UNCLE falling flat, but coexisting with the well received M:I-RN was going to be tough.  The meh reception didn't do it any favors either.

Edited by Tubes Cruise

What ever happened with Rocket Man? I know the members of Queen are torn on how adult the Freddie Mercury movie should be.

It's still in development, I do wonder with Elton still being alive and also quite hands on if he will allow negative aspects of his personality and life to appear in a film, 

The Freddie Mercury biopic that Ben Whishaw is attached to is one I want to see happen as well as Rocket Man which is Tom Hardy playing Elton John.

I thought Baron Cohen was back on that, otherwise there is no reason to do it. He's the only man that can act seriously, have a vague physical similarity and portray his flamboyance effectively. Nobody else is worth making a Freddie biopic with.
  • Like 3

I would say two-thirds as popular.

NWA has sold 10 million records in the USA.

Wu Tang has collectively sold 6.5 million.

I agree. Apart from RZA, Method Man, Raekwon, Ghostface, and ODB, I can't name the other 59 members.

• Like 1