Gopher

Wednesday #s: Compton 5.15 (-29%)

Shiiiiiit. That is a pretty bad drop for Compton considering it dropped on Tuesday.

Looks like maybe Monday was so high because of spillover from the w/e and it fits with Sunday being down just 10%.  It's first Wed is about the same as MI:5s $5.2m and that still did $28m it's second w/e.

There are a lot of reasons why Compton dropped. You have to remember, MI5 first Wednesday was still in the middle of summer, so it having about the same number as Compton bodes well for SOC (not to mention the difference in rating). A lot of the audience for Compton is college kids and this week a lot of people are leaving home and moving into dorms, at least where I live (Texas). I don't see how Compton is crumbling. This weekend it'll debut at #1 with at least 22M, especially with the additional theaters. I know of a few people that plan on seeing it this weekend once the work week is done.

• Like 2

Compton's BO performance will be like that of Minions IMO

First weekend HUGE  and great Mon and Tues weekdays due to spillover

Second weekend 56% drop or so (which shows front loadedness)

Third weekend: softer drop around 40s

Then late legs will be great (which shows all that talk about crumbling won't be true for both films)

• Like 2

Compton's BO performance will be like that of Minions IMO

First weekend HUGE  and great Mon and Tues weekdays due to spillover

Second weekend 56% drop or so (which shows front loadedness)

Third weekend: softer drop around 40s

Then late legs will be great (which shows all that talk about crumbling won't be true for both films)

Nowadays, a 60% drop will imply front-loadedness. 50%+ drop is normal

If SoC gets 50%+ drop, it is excellent