Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend #s: Straight Outta Compton - 26.8M; Mission Impossible - 11.7M; Sinister 2 - 10.6M; Hitman - 8.2M; American Ultra - 5.5M

3 AM over here and we still don't have any estimates. The dog days are truly upon us. I guess Rth is gonna take some vacations until September 18. He deserves them.

I was wondering why you hadn't posted for the past hour.

1024x1024.0.0.jpg

• Like 5

I really, really hope Scorch Trails breaks out. An opening between 35-40 would give us all something to root for.

TBH, as much as In would love to see Scorch Trials to be a big success, Everest is the one I hope hits it big

Maze Runner will do great but I wouldn't be surprised by a really solid opening for Black Mass too. The marketing has been on point so far, quite a few friends of mine have already mentioned that they are really looking forward to it.

Edited by filmlover

3 AM over here and we still don't have any estimates. The dog days are truly upon us. I guess Rth is gonna take some vacations until September 18. He deserves them.

Pfft, shortly after 4 o'clock in the morning, having birthday  :ph34r:  and no a little bit more clearer numbers :P;)

Today in the late afternoon / evening no numbers by me, I'll be out.

Makes sense, Luthor always loses to Superman in the end.

Which seems horribly unfair. I mean, Superman is basically a god with almost limitless power, whereas Luthor is just a guy. A really smart, rich, bald guy, but still just a guy. The fact that Luthor's even in the ballpark seems like it should be scored as a huge moral victory.

If Hitman: Agent 47 is over Sinister, I'm gonna chalk this up to the usage of Won't Back Down by Eminem in the commercials.

Shady. His power.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

Deadline update... in a way

2nd Update, Friday 6PM: T... onslaught of R-rated offerings today, matinees weren’t expected to be hot, but it appears we might be hitting the doldrums of August. Looking at late-afternoon box office estimates, the top films are off their initial projections. ....

Straight Outta Compton is still on course to hit $110.7M by Sunday, but with a lower FSS than expected: $26.2M at 3,025 theaters, a 56% decline from its $60.2M opening weekend. Compton should end today at $8M, down 65% from its first day...

Sinister 2 has second place, but with a take that’s below its projected high-teens weekend: $12.3M at 2,766. While the horror sequel was tracking high among young females, according to Rentrak’s Post Trak, it’s the guys who are showing up at 55% — 59% of them under 25. Sinister 2‘s Friday currently is figured to be $5.38M. Rotten Tomatoes shows critics loathing Sinister 2 at 11% fresh, but this film wasn’t made for them.

...Rogue Nation is steady as it goes in third with an estimated $3.3M in its fourth Friday, with a FSS of $11.87M at 3,442. By Sunday, M:I5 looks to be at $157.9M,, ...

Hitman: Agent 47 is drawing mostly older males, with 60% guys/65% over 25, ...t $4M today with a $10M weekend in fourth place from 3,261 playdates.

The suave, sophisticated CIA guys in Warner Bros.’ The Man From U.N.C.L.E. are outsmarting the stoner ones in Lionsgate’s American Ultraat the box office that is.  U.N.C.L.E.’s second FSS of $7.1M puts it in fifth, while the ultraviolent Kristen Stewart-Jesse Eisenberg film is currently ringing up $6.5M at 2,778Ultra is on track to have a higher Friday than U.N.C.L.E., $2.25M to $2.12M.

http://deadline.com/2015/08/straight-outta-compton-sinister-2-american-ultra-agent-47-box-office-opening-1201503182/

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if the September OW record fell again next month. I think it'll be HT2 but I wouldn't count either Everest or Scorch Trials. 

It seems from next year, WB will be releasing animated films in September and Sony has switched to mid budget action films. 

They just raided Gene Simmons house, and Jared's perverted ass bargained a plea deal. Has someone finally ratted out the Hollywood pedophiles? 

1. that is out of contest, means if you throw around something like that you should add that it wasn't against him...

2. does not belong into this thread nor the right sub-forum - probably 'Real Life' sub-forum

Sinister 2 didn't manage to pull off an Insidious to Insidious 2 (or Saw to Saw 2, PA to PA2) type increase, then again the first movie was not as well liked or remembered as Insidious. Expected drop for Compton, Rogue Nation and UNCLE both holding well, 45% declines for both movies looks likely.

They said the same thing about Jared. We see where he is. 

Read my comment... it is way too early to shorten declarations to something else - that is IMHO character assassination - and IMHO really not the correct thread

What is the highest-grossing movie to have been released in the last two weeks of August? Inglorious Basterds?

(Adjusted for inflation, I think Mortal Kombat sold the most tickets.)

Surprisingly, it's actually Superbad. (121m)

Inglorius bastards is second (120m), though it has the bigger opening weekend.