Blankments

Split | January 20, 2017 | James McAvoy | Directed by M. Night Shyamalan and Produced by Jason Blum

Joaquin Phoenix is in negotiations to reunite with M. Night Shyamalan for a new feature project that will start shooting in November in the director’s hometown of Philadelphia. The project will also bring Shyamalan back together with Jason Blum, who will produce. The two worked together most recently on upcoming Universal release The Visit. M

As with most Shyamalan projects, the logline is being kept under tight wraps. Deadline understands that the new project will be on the lower end of the budget scale, more in keeping with The Visit (budgeted at $5 million and fully financed by Shyamalan) than, say, the likes of The Last Airbender ($150 million).

• Like 2

Can't wait! I'm so curious for this new project. If Shyamalan could get even a bit close to his gold period (The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs, The Village...), that would be awesome. The Visit was decent, so one can hope.

I wonder who's gonna do the score for this one. I really hope it's James Newton Howard.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, antovolk said:

Obviously will be online before that day.

Thanks. Cool, I can't wait to see if Shyamalan will deliver a great film or an awful film. He's capable of doing both. From what I've read on his Twitter, seems like he cares a lot about his movie, even calling it his most complex and longest one.