CJohn

Uncharted | February 18, 2022 | Trailer on Page 28!

I think this film could do well because it can easily reach a larger audience with its adventure plot more than other video game movies.

Well, Indiana Jones already sorta covered those bases and that's the reason this seems like it would appeal to the masses.

Uncharted took a lot of influence from the Indy films.

• Like 1

Well, Indiana Jones already sorta covered those bases and that's the reason this seems like it would appeal to the masses.

Uncharted took a lot of influence from the Indy films.

And MI5 took influence from Uncharted. Its the way of the game. Indy is based off of Adventure serials and films of the 30's and 40's along with James Bond. 

Everything is based of something and has been done before. Its all about the pieces just coming together, finding ways to mix/match make things feel fresh, take old concepts and find new twists. End of the day its all the same though. 

• Like 1

And MI5 took influence from Uncharted. Its the way of the game. Indy is based off of Adventure serials and films of the 30's and 40's along with James Bond.

Everything is based of something and has been done before. Its all about the pieces just coming together, finding ways to mix/match make things feel fresh, take old concepts and find new twists. End of the day its all the same though.

Fair enough, the real goal is going to be distinguishing it from its influences.

If you gonna steal, steal from the best. Uncharted and Cruise Missile know what I'm talking about

• Like 1

Mango is right - this needs to still be appealing, and not come off to audiences the same way they (however incorrectly) perceived John Carter: A generic grab bag of set pieces stolen from earlier films.

Meaning, even if it is taking stuff from prior films, it needs to look good and (as Jay said) feel fresh while doing it, so that you don't concentrate on the fact that "Hey, this looks like X and that looks like Y."

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Eh, I mean, they can have footage at the next CinemaCon

They don't even have a director. It is stuck in development hell with The Last of Us.

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Eh, I mean, they can have footage at the next CinemaCon

Sony showed a list of titles they have in development. ZOMBIELAND II and the sequel to THE GIRL WITH A DRAGON TATTOO were even mentioned. This was completely left out.

57 minutes ago, cannastop said:

To finally kill video games movies forever?

That would be really bad. I hope they both do well enough to at least not be considered big flops. I wanna decent video-game movies, come on Hollywood, make it happen!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

That would be really bad. I hope they both do well enough to at least not be considered big flops. I wanna decent video-game movies, come on Hollywood, make it happen!

cannastop can stop!

Oh yea, I made that joke.

These movies are gonna deliver and turn this shit around!