kayumanggi

MARY POPPINS RETURNS | Disney | 12.19.18 | Rob Marshall directing | Emily Blunt, Lin Manuel Miranda

6 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Studios tend to have insider knowledge of all the other studios films so Disney must have known something about the other films coming out around the time of MPR to realize they don't have much potential to go up against their classic IP hence the date change. 

I mean you don't need insider knowledge to know that Bumblebee, Alita, and AQM are all facing an uphill battle. While my recent outlook on Bumblebee has turned very positive thanks to the teaser and Knight's seeming committed investment, it's no secret that the Transformers franchise is all but dead and buried after the last one. There's a lot of work cut out for BB if it's going to really succeed. Alita couldn't possibly look more niche if they tried, only some great WOM will save it. And we all know what kind of shape the DCEU is in right now, and AQM is the only higher profile release of the year left that has yet to begin marketing. Not exactly a fantastic sign. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

I mean you don't need insider knowledge to know that Bumblebee, Alita, and AQM are all facing an uphill battle. While my recent outlook on Bumblebee has turned very positive thanks to the teaser and Knight's seeming committed investment, it's no secret that the Transformers franchise is all but dead and buried after the last one. There's a lot of work cut out for BB if it's going to really succeed. Alita couldn't possibly look more niche if they tried, only some great WOM will save it. And we all know what kind of shape the DCEU is in right now, and AQM is the only higher profile release of the year left that has yet to begin marketing. Not exactly a fantastic sign. 

I also think it's a case that althought the effects are not done, the Disney execs have pretty much seen a final paste up of the film, and are convinced they have a very strong film on their hands, and it won't  disappoint..which is the main thing they had to worry about.

1 hour ago, Rebeccas said:

Alita is just a non-factor at this point IMO. It's a tax write off already lol.

I think it's Aquaman vs Bumblebee that's a bad combination. 

Bumblebee in particular, since they are marketing it as a family film,aiming for exactly the same demo as MPR.

So, on the phone with my mom and brother today, my mom decides to tell me she's decided on her Xmas movie.  My brother starts joking about how can you decide 5 months early...but she pipes up and says, "oh that's easy...it's gonna be Mary Poppins 2."  So, this movie has infiltrated the senior citizen demo 5 months early.  (I'm pretty sure she got the preview at her MM2 showing today, and obviously fell in love with it)...

• Like 1

Just now, meriodejaneiro said:

Monday 17: Mary Poppins Returns trailer

Tuesday 18: Captain Marvel trailer

Wednesday 19: The Lion King sneak peek.

Thursday 20: Aladdin teaser

Friday 21: Toy Story 4 sneak peek. 

I'd melt down from pleasure.

Damn dude, you got the whole schedule. You a Disney insider?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Damn dude, you got the whole schedule. You a Disney insider?

They said “i’d not i’m“ as in speculating. 

Cause there is no reason to drop TLK right now. It would drawf everything else. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Monday 17: Mary Poppins Returns trailer

Tuesday 18: Captain Marvel trailer

Wednesday 19: The Lion King sneak peek.

Thursday 20: Aladdin teaser

Friday 21: Toy Story 4 sneak peek. 

I'd melt down from pleasure.

That would be ahmazing, but I'd put TS4 on Wed and TLK on Friday for the showstopper.

• Like 1