WrathOfHan

Official Weekend Estimates: Maze Runner - 30.3M | Black Mass - 23.4M | Everest - 7.5M | The Visit - 11.4M | Perfect Guy - 9.7M

I was asked to go to Everest tonight... I'm really tempted but man 3D sucks and IMAX is expensive...
My favorite thing about IMAX here in NYC is that the one true IMAX (Lincoln Square) only costs a dollar more than the faux screens. It's an incredible ripoff.

Maze Runner 2 should at least match the debut it the first movie despite no IMAX. Black Mass should do over 30 million which would combine the grosses of Transcendence and Mortdecai or could even outgross it this weekend. Everest should do at least 6-7 million for the weekend I'm hoping for at least 8-10 million in it's limited run though.

Haha thanks. I can still feel good that this will likely beat Insurgent Wordlwide (and that I found massive enjoyment in the film).

OS my explode since it more than doubled the OD of the first here.

OW is about bragging rights. OW talking points is catered to us fanboys and marketing. When it comes down to it, WW numbers and whether the movie was profitable is what really matters to the studio. The Maze Runner may not be a Hunger Games level profit machine, but its low budget and decent WW numbers means Fox is happy. Their consolation prize is that both films are better reviewed than Divergent and both films grossed more than $300m WW. They're happy, I'm happy. Having said that, I'm disappointed that it did not meet my expectations. I thought this franchise could have grown. But I'm willing to bet those last three minutes of the first film put a hamper on that. If it was a much more compelling ending I think these numbers would of been higher.

My favorite thing about IMAX here in NYC is that the one true IMAX (Lincoln Square) only costs a dollar more than the faux screens. It's an incredible ripoff.

The only theater (Lincoln Square) that I pay for IMAX. Love that screen.
Edited by Knoxcore