kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 47.5 M HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA II | 18.2 M THE INTERN | 14.0 M TMR: THE SCORCH TRIALS | 13.1 M EVEREST

I wonder if there's a chance for Sicario to break out with over 20m next week. It is doing stellar in limited release and looks like the most mainstream friendly Villeneuve project yet.
I'm thinking high-teens with a good shot at 20 depending on the theater count. It's definitely built up the right buzz.

I'm thinking TM will beat Gravity OW.
I honestly think the chances of that are damn near zero. It doesn't have anywhere near the kind of hype Gravity had a week before release. Plus, don't forget Gravity's huge 80% 3D and IMAX share. If peeps start thinking $55-60M, you're only gonna end up disappointed. 45M would be a massive win.
  • Like 1

I'm thinking high-teens with a good shot at 20 depending on the theater count. It's definitely built up the right buzz.

I honestly think the chances of that are damn near zero. It doesn't have anywhere near the kind of hype Gravity had a week before release. Plus, don't forget Gravity's huge 80% 3D and IMAX share. If peeps start thinking $55-60M, you're only gonna end up disappointed. 45M would be a massive win.

The Martian is my last go big or go home prediction of the year, I think it can beat Gravity. Older audiences are in dire need of a blockbuster and The Martian's marketing campaign has been great. The trailers are the most viewed for a September or October movie this year as well (Trailer 1 is the most viewed trailer for a movie and trailer 2 is the most viewed second trailer, and it's also towards the most viewed)

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

The Martian is my last go big or go home prediction of the year, I think it can beat Gravity. Older audiences are in dire need of a blockbuster and The Martian's marketing campaign has been great. The trailers are the most viewed for a September or October movie this year as well.

Tracking also has it at near 50m (I know, I know, it hasn't been super accurate recently) so I don't think it's a huge stretch with the info we have.
  • Like 1

Tracking also has it at near 50m (I know, I know, it hasn't been super accurate recently) so I don't think it's a huge stretch with the info we have.

Just look at Hotel Transylvania 2, most were expecting somewhere around the mid-30's and now it's going to get almost 50M. Two records going down two weekends in a row would be great and I'm optimistic about it happening.

The Martian is my last go big or go home prediction of the year, I think it can beat Gravity. Older audiences are in dire need of a blockbuster and The Martian's marketing campaign has been great. The trailers are the most viewed for a September or October movie this year as well (Trailer 1 is the most viewed trailer for a movie and trailer 2 is the most viewed second trailer, and it's also towards the most viewed)

Martian is absolutely gonna break out. People are going ape shit over it online. It is a 4 quad movie as well. Kids, adults, old people. They will all go. I thinking 60 million OW.

• Like 1

Martian is absolutely gonna break out. People are going ape shit over it online. It is a 4 quad movie as well. Kids, adults, old people. They will all go. I thinking 60 million OW.

Yeah, Scott Mendelson said in his review it's a soft PG-13 and swearing is really the only reason younger audiences wouldn't see it.

“It’s on it’s way to being one of the most beloved franchises of all time,” said Rory Bruer, Sony Pictures president of worldwide distribution.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/box-office-hotel-transylvania-2-breaks-september-record-with-47-5-million-debut-1201603478/

:kitschjob:

lmao

Edited by CJohn

Well, not a lot of surprises here after Friday numbers. Great for HT2, really good for Intern, and kinda underwhelming for Everest.

TMR2 obviously fell harder than its predecessor, but not as hard as I was fearing. I guess Black Mass isn't connecting with the GA, looks like it will finish with 55-60M.

Sicario is doing great! Wouldn't be surprised if it opens to 13-17M next weekend, but I think Martian is going to crush with 55-60M.