kayumanggi

TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE BEASTS | 06.09.2023 | Paramount | final gross: $157,066,392

4 hours ago, cooldude97 said:

Reactions are pretty good so far, not amazing, but most reactions calling the 2nd best transformers movie behind bumblebee

wait, bumblebee is thought of as the best transformers movie?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

wait, bumblebee is thought of as the best transformers movie?

Yes, it has the highest RT score out of all of them and most people who saw it at least liked it. It traded in spectacle and super high stakes for a more character focused story with Hailee Steinfeld as the lead alongside the titular Bumblebee character. It did decently for it's budget as well.

Edited by clockwork
  • Like 1
  • Heart 1

Watched Beast Wars for the first time in a decade (watched it as a little kid after Transformers Prime ended and I needed more Transformers shows to watch) with a couple of friends and this seems to have none of the character that show had. And I forgot Rattrap had a new york accent. Why the fuck is he not in this????

5 hours ago, clockwork said:

Yes, it has the highest RT score out of all of them and most people who saw it at least liked it. It traded in spectacle and super high stakes for a more character focused story with Hailee Steinfeld as the lead alongside the titular Bumblebee character. It did decently for it's budget as well.

That’s what happens when you hire a competent director. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:
  Hide contents

Apparently it's GI Joe related lol

Spoiler

Yeah, it's apparently Anthony Ramos's character being recruited into G. I. Joe. Lorenzo just can't let that go, can he? I can only hope it's setting up a GI Joe movie instead of a forces crossover.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2023 at 8:01 AM, WittyUsername said:

Bumblebee is perfectly serviceable and inoffensive, but I can’t say it’s particularly memorable.

I think it'i s the most memorable of the Transformers films except for the first.

Question about this one is that even if might get a good reaction, is it enough to bring the franchise back to life?

and....

Spoiler

if the post credit scene rumor is true, crossover time.........

Edited by dudalb
  • Knock It Off 1

The First "Transformers" was the best one  (Transformers The Movie in the 80's remains my fav though).   I even like 2 and 3 action wise even though they had story issues.  I enjoyed "Bumblebee" but it felt too safe like they wanted to scale it down.   Michael Bay's Spectacle  is why the franchise has made as much as it has.  4 & 5 I didn't like.  Sorry but Mark Walberg felt a little too old to lead a Transformers movie.   They should always be lead by Younger Adults with only Older Adults assisting the adventure.   They learned form their mistakes as this film clearly is going for that with the new leads.  Also "Bumblebee" also had a young lead.       

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mickiland16 said:

I love those movies because they're my childhood but at this point who cares about what's possible or what isn't anymore? Lol I'll actually buy a Hasbro Cinematic Universe. They could attach that Paramount Power Rangers reboot to this by the way. 

avengers portal scene but it's chris pine's crew from DND joining the transformers, gi joe, power rangers and nerf fighters

• Astonished 1

38 minutes ago, TMP said:

avengers portal scene but it's chris pine's crew from DND joining the transformers, gi joe, power rangers and nerf fighters

Should they throw My Little Pony into the mix, or would they not want to go down that rabbit hole? 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Should they throw My Little Pony into the mix, or would they not want to go down that rabbit hole? 

my little pony but all the character designs are from the dude who did ugly sonic

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I mean...I haven't seen the whole series but the main characters were already like the superheroes of this universe with all and superpowers weren't they? 

• Astonished 1