kayumanggi

mother! | 09.15.17 | Paramount | Darren Aronofsky, Jennifer Lawrence | Razzie Awards frontrunner

2 hours ago, ChrisTelclear said:

Do we assume this is a wide release in October?  If so, then I have to wonder if he is going to go to a festival with a jury.  He may just do TIFF, he's done TIFF before.  Also, they don't seem like they are even doing an awards run with this movie, as normally those are platform releases, which he did with the Wrestler and Swan.

If this is kind of a horror movie, which is what we're hearing, then they may just play it like a horror movie and wide release it.  It could do very well at the box office, if it's any good at all.

Great care was took around the movie secrecy, so maybe he will not want to burn it with a festival, regular people test audience or a slow release, specially if it is possible to sell as horror and just open wide in October, no festival, no platform release.

• Like 1

" With “The Hunger Games” franchise coming to a close next month, Jennifer Lawrence has set her sights on a project with one of Hollywood’s top helmers. "

Darren is one of Hollywood's top helmers?? No way. 

@davincicode1...you're right. Not everyone has the privilege of being called a 'top helmer' with only two films barely above $100m.

JLAW FANS OF BOT

ASSEMBLE !

2017 STARTS NOW

iview_cover.jpg?w=450

First Words on the movie by Queen Michelle & Mister Lawrence :

Spoiler

ARONOFSKY: And, of course, I'm going to make it about me: How did I do? [both laugh] When you were reading our script, did it make sense? Or you were like, "What the hell is this guy doing?"

PFEIFFER: I can't say I understood the script the first time.

ARONOFSKY: Oh, that's good. 

PFEIFFER: Well, it's a little bit esoteric, right? 

ARONOFSKY: Do you think? [laughs]

PFEIFFER: Remember, I'm from Orange County, Darren, okay? But I definitely loved this character. I loved her. I got it. I could definitely hear it.

ARE YOU EXCITED ?

:bouncy::excited::OMG::circles::cloud9:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I want JLaw to work with Von Trier just so I could see how Futurist deals with it. Or hell even someone like PTA in his Master/Inherent Vice mode. 

There was a hot minute where she was rumoured for Steve McQueen's next picture. Would've been fun to see futurist pretend to be interested in that but oh well.

44 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

There was a hot minute where she was rumoured for Steve McQueen's next picture. Would've been fun to see futurist pretend to be interested in that but oh well.

Lars Von Trier ?

I would be game as fuck.

PTA, if he d go back to his Scorcese days maybe.

Steve Mc Queen, now that would have been tough to root for the King of Pain.

But there is another I shall not speak thy name ...

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

http://www.thewrap.com/mysterious-jennifer-lawrence-darren-aronofsky-movie-horror-thriller-guys/

The plot of Darren Aronofsky’s next film has largely been under wraps since it was announced — but this week’s CinemaCon convention, and an individual close to project that spoke to TheWrap, revealed the director is going back to “Black Swan” territory with his latest.
Aronofsky’s “mother!” will be a horror-thriller, and a star-studded one at that. Jennifer Lawrence and Javier Bardem lead a cast that includes Michelle Pfeiffer, Domnhall Gleeson, Ed Harris and Kristen Wiig.

At this week’s annual convention of movie exhibitors, Paramount Domestic Distribution chief Kyle Davies let the cat out of the bag, promising “thrills and chills” from Aronofsky and company upon the film’s Halloween-season release. A second individual with close knowledge of the project confirmed Davies’ description is accurate — Aronofsky is flirting with the same psycho-horror that won Natalie Portman an Oscar for the unraveling ballerina she played in “Black Swan.”

• Like 2

4 hours ago, london0815 said:

http://www.thewrap.com/mysterious-jennifer-lawrence-darren-aronofsky-movie-horror-thriller-guys/

The plot of Darren Aronofsky’s next film has largely been under wraps since it was announced — but this week’s CinemaCon convention, and an individual close to project that spoke to TheWrap, revealed the director is going back to “Black Swan” territory with his latest.
Aronofsky’s “mother!” will be a horror-thriller, and a star-studded one at that. Jennifer Lawrence and Javier Bardem lead a cast that includes Michelle Pfeiffer, Domnhall Gleeson, Ed Harris and Kristen Wiig.

At this week’s annual convention of movie exhibitors, Paramount Domestic Distribution chief Kyle Davies let the cat out of the bag, promising “thrills and chills” from Aronofsky and company upon the film’s Halloween-season release. A second individual with close knowledge of the project confirmed Davies’ description is accurate — Aronofsky is flirting with the same psycho-horror that won Natalie Portman an Oscar for the unraveling ballerina she played in “Black Swan.”

Welcome to the forum!

• Like 2