kayumanggi

mother! | 09.15.17 | Paramount | Darren Aronofsky, Jennifer Lawrence | Razzie Awards frontrunner

8 minutes ago, Alli said:

“mother!” will face off against “The Snowman,” a thriller with Michael Fassbender;

J lawrence VS Rebecca Ferguson!!!   I know who i'm gonna root for. heheh...but mother will win. i'm sure it will be a good movie. arofonsky never disappoints.

Passengers opens the same day as Assassins Creed and this opens the same day as The Snowman. I wish they'd stop doing that, I like Fassy too.

• Like 2

October is crowded as shit.

October 6:

Kingsman 2

Blade Runner

My Little Pony

October 13:

Mother!
The Snowman

Marshall

The Commuter

October 20:

Geostorm

War with Grandpa

Mountain Between us

Same Kind of Different As Me

Insidious Chapter 4

October 27:

Saw Legacy

New Cloverfield

That's nearly 15 films in the same month, with many of them having competition from other films of that genre (Kingsman vs. Blade Runner vs. Commuter vs. Snowman vs. Geostorm, Insidious vs. Cloverfield vs. Saw, Mother vs. Marshall vs. Mountain Between us, My Little Pony vs. War with Grandpa).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

October is crowded as shit.

October 6:

Kingsman 2

Blade Runner

My Little Pony

October 13:

Mother!
The Snowman

Marshall

The Commuter

October 20:

Geostorm

War with Grandpa

Mountain Between us

Same Kind of Different As Me

Insidious Chapter 4

October 27:

Saw Legacy

New Cloverfield

That's nearly 15 films in the same month, with many of them having competition from other films of that genre (Kingsman vs. Blade Runner vs. Commuter vs. Snowman vs. Geostorm, Insidious vs. Cloverfield vs. Saw, Mother vs. Marshall vs. Mountain Between us, My Little Pony vs. War with Grandpa).

All of those movies  on Oct 20 will flop except probably insidious chap 4.  We've seen this logjam of late October releases before and it never goes well for those that don't cater to the Halloween holiday. 

Kingsman and Blade Runner can probably co-exist but they'd make more money away from each other. Mother! Should be fine if it has good reviews, apparently it's a drama/thriller so I think it can get Girl on the Train type numbers. 

The commuter/the snowman will be killed by Blade Runner and Kingsman; I don't know why they aren't releasing those in August/September which look so empty. 

• Like 1

This is my most anticipated movie of the year without even a trailer. I thought Noah was more interesting than most religious movies but it felt like Aronofsky was holding back a lot maybe because of the huge budget or the fear of Russell Crowe punching him in the face. This is a much smaller project despite the famous cast so we'll get full Aronofsky madness hopefully.

• Like 2

Aronofski's movies are so peculiar.

Each one of them has a different flavor,vibe & intent.

One of the most unique director working today for sure.

I just want a scene where Katniss & Catwoman take no fucking prisoners.

Bring it On !

SEX SLAVE FTW !

:shades:

5 hours ago, Joel M said:

This is my most anticipated movie of the year without even a trailer. I thought Noah was more interesting than most religious movies but it felt like Aronofsky was holding back a lot maybe because of the huge budget or the fear of Russell Crowe punching him in the face. This is a much smaller project despite the famous cast so we'll get full Aronofsky madness hopefully.

You can take that to the bank.  Everyone interviewed who mentioned this (and they don't say much) say it is weird/strange/unusual. There is more, and very very strange, but I guess I would have to put it in spoiler tags even though I have no idea what it ads up to.  I think this is going to be at the Requiem For a Dream end of the Aronofsky spectrum.

I think it is going to be some kind of psychological horror movie, and the friday the 13th release date may be intentional.

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The exclamation mark gives me hope that this is a quirky comedy ala The Informant!

Aronofski, comedy ?

Plus the little word we have from extras doesn't really point to that, but who knows.

Edited by The Futurist