kayumanggi

mother! | 09.15.17 | Paramount | Darren Aronofsky, Jennifer Lawrence | Razzie Awards frontrunner

https://twitter.com/kingjen<iframe src='http://players.brightcove.net/769341148/r1La1160g_default/index.html?videoId=5646232378001' allowfullscreen frameborder=0></iframe>

I can't seem to embed the video, so here is a link, they address sexual harassment first, then they get into the movie http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/video/jennifer-lawrence-were-equal-way-how-can-you-expect-us-be-respected-actress-roundtable-1058285

OK Ilaw/status/930865957215653888

DOsWGNIXUAASEed.jpg

Edited by trifle

Watch How They Shot the Wild Final Act of Mother!

Darren Aronofsky’s Mother! was one of the fall’s most-talked-about films, a bold provocation that sent you out into the parking lot asking questions like “Was it all one big metaphor?” and “Why wouldn’t they listen to her about that unbraced sink?” Both Aronofsky and his star Jennifer Lawrence have been discussing the film in more depth during this awards season, but now that the film is on digital HD, an intriguing behind-the-scenes look pulls the curtain back even further — and Vulture has the exclusive clip. This making-of featurette is fascinating because it tackles the hallucinatory, experiential third act of Mother!, a fever dream where the camera stays close to the disoriented Lawrence as her house transforms into a war zone. To step back and see how this sequence was put together, then, lets us regard it in a way that the film’s hurtling momentum allows little time for: The sets transform before our eyes, the lighting scheme changes abruptly in the middle of a take, and all the while, Aronofsky, Lawrence, and Javier Bardem conspire to get the choreography of the thing just right.

4 hours ago, Krissykins said:

When it goes on Netflix I’ll watch it for a laugh. 

I do want it to be entertainingly bad though, like Showgirls and Catwoman. Not just boring bad. 

:lol:

I hated this movie. It's not the fun bad movie type, it's the pretentious tiresome bad movie type.

7 minutes ago, Alli said:

I recently watched watched Rosemary's Baby and the similarities to mother! are hard to ignore.  At first i gave mother! points for being original, but now i don't know what to think anymore.

Rosemary's Baby is a Masterpiece.

Mother! is just a movie in which the director thought it would be very clever to recreate several biblical passages and metaphors, on the nose, and mix it with messages against the destruction of nature and how religions can be bad, all with the depth of a teenager talking about these subjects.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Krissykins said:

When it goes on Netflix I’ll watch it for a laugh. 

I do want it to be entertainingly bad though, like Showgirls and Catwoman. Not just boring bad. 

:lol:

If you grew up with those lame Christian movies that were modern day interpretations of bible stories than this movie is just really boring.